First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Grand Cherokee Limited X | 2024 JLUR 2.0T AT
Occupation
Headshot Photographer
Looks like everyone above has you covered. I've had my '21 Willys for a month now and absolutely no buyers remorse. The M/T tires make less noice than my 3/4 ton all terains, and I have a soft top, handle 75+ MPHs with no problem, and I took some pretty sporty trails at the local off road park and was VERY impressed with its performance. I have the 6 speed manual and crawling was no problem at all. Walked up evey hill and shelf I threw at it. Just my 2 cents: If a 1945 flat side with a 60 HP engine and manual trany can do the rubicon trail with no mods you don't NEED all the fancy gadgets. Want/Desire/Peer preasure is another thing. It's all about how comfortable you want to make it, what your personal budget allows, and how skilled you want to become. Enjoy your new jeep, whichever way you decide.
Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
I can only buy one . Looks like with same options about 6,000.00 difference . Not going to be doing much rock crawling .​
Is a Willys a better fit for normal every day driving ? With higher gear ratios I would think the Willys would be able to get better gas mileage . Will be daily driver for the wife .​
I'm leaning towards the Willys .​
Asking for input to help me make a decision between the two models .​
Thanks in advance .​
If you are not going to do that extensive of off roading and itā€™s your wifeā€™s car, get the Willys. The Rubicon wanders all over the road worse than the others which drives my wife crazy. She doesnā€™t appreciate the charms of ancient technology.

rlmlive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I went with the Willys. It is perfect for what I need. Actually, it is way more than what I actually need. I just thought it looked cool. Get the one that makes you take a second look when you are walking away after parking it. You canā€™t go wrong with either of them.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Rubicon if you upgrade to mud terrain tires on any vehicle expect a bad ride but I'm
happy with Rubicon wouldn't trade it for nothing else.
But again the choice is yours

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
The Willys is the better choice if you want to save money, and do not plan on taking it off road. The Willys Sport is the best bang for your buck in the Wrangler lineup. Unlike the Willys, the Willys Sport does not have power windows, power locks, or stereos that rub your back with 57" big screen, which might be a deal breaker from some. I am from the old school where nothing was power, so I do not mind my WS.

Sponsored

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
The Willys is the better choice if you want to save money, and do not plan on taking it off road. The Willys Sport is the best bang for your buck in the Wrangler lineup. Unlike the Willys, the Willys Sport does not have power windows, power locks, or stereos that rub your back with 57" big screen, which might be a deal breaker from some. I am from the old school where nothing was power, so I do not mind my WS.
Does the Willys Sport have A/C? I'm in Texas and A/C is more important than an engine.

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
Yeah it was kind of funny. When my grandkids would get in our tj . They have never seen a window that you had to crank up and down . I am going to treat the wife to a more modern jeep . I hope it holds up as well as the 04 unlimited .

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
Does the Willys Sport have A/C? I'm in Texas and A/C is more important than an engine.
Willys Sport JLU comes standard with A/C but itā€™s not included on the 2 door Willys Sport.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
All 4 doors regardless of trim come with A/C standard. Two door it is optional in the Sport, and Willys sport. I am not sure how far up the food chain it becomes standard.

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
I went with the Willys. It is perfect for what I need. Actually, it is way more than what I actually need. I just thought it looked cool. Get the one that makes you take a second look when you are walking away after parking it. You canā€™t go wrong with either of them.
Same here. Willys Sport is IMHO a really good deal.
Itā€™s also more unique where I live in PAā€¦seems 90% of new Jeeps are Rubicons, 9% Sports and maybe 1% Willys.
Iā€™m absolutely loving my Sarge green Willys Sport JLU 6-spd! šŸ˜¬

Sponsored

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a Jeep
I can only buy one . Looks like with same options about 6,000.00 difference . Not going to be doing much rock crawling .​
Is a Willys a better fit for normal every day driving ? With higher gear ratios I would think the Willys would be able to get better gas mileage . Will be daily driver for the wife .​
Thanks in advance .​
Do I understand from trying to sift through these posts that the XR package is available on the Willys for '22?

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Same here. Willys Sport is IMHO a really good deal.
Itā€™s also more unique where I live in PAā€¦seems 90% of new Jeeps are Rubicons, 9% Sports and maybe 1% Willys.
Iā€™m absolutely loving my Sarge green Willys Sport JLU 6-spd! šŸ˜¬
That is what color I would go with. Looks great.

Lenica2

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler willys sport 2021
Thanks in advance .​
If you want the better of both get a Willys Sport. Great for a daily driver and all the rubicon suspension goodies. Upgraded my wife from a 1997 Jeep Wrangler that we have had since college. Ordered to built in July received in August.
Sponsored