Rubicon auto transmission issue

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I guess I was 'lucky'....my auto transmission (750 miles) started to do the same thing as I drove out of my driveway. I felt that it was not safe to drive...I immediately turned around and parked in the driveway. I then noticed a large puddle of transmission fluid under the Rubi. It was towed to the dealership. No argument about what the problem was.
Sponsored

Bentleyman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self employed
I also have a 2018 Rubicon with 1000km and the shifting issue into first gear is jerking forward intermittently and the dealer just did an update and unfortunately the problem is still there. Any body have an suggestion?

Timsluck

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
I have a 2018 Wrangler Sahara with 2400 miles when it’s 25 degrees or lower out it won’t go into gear at all, acts like it’s in neutral when shifting into reverse and drive.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I have a 2018 Wrangler Sahara with 2400 miles when it’s 25 degrees or lower out it won’t go into gear at all, acts like it’s in neutral when shifting into reverse and drive.
We had this happen to our 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. When it did this, we couldn’t even turn it off because it said the vehicle wasn’t in park. After 7 weeks at the dealership trying to figure it out, the solution was a new transmission. It’s been fine since.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve noticed my RPMs jump up slightly just before stopping so that shift into 1st is definitely noticeable. Not bad enough to take it in yet but if it gets worse I will

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So I've been testing this through the morning by leaving ESS on and my stops are smooth and flawless. Disabling ESS seems to be the culprit behind my rough stops

JimCincy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Granite Crystal
I know exactly what you’re talking about. It happens to me every day when I go home. I’m headed down hill to a stop sign and going really slow, 25mph and under. Right before the stop sign it wil abruptly down shift to first. I assumed that 1st gear in the Rubi was excessively low on purpose for when you’re off road. This is also my first Jeep with 4.10 gears, I thought that might be it also. Anyway, I think it’s normal.
My 2019 JLUS in in the shop right now (3200 miles). A representative from Jeep called to tell me the tech said that's normal for a Jeep. I plan to ask them to take me out in a new one or two to prove that to me. It wasn't like that when I got it five months ago and it shouldn't be now. I would't have ordered one if they were doing that during test drives. I'm concerned that this is going to be the customer service I'm going to get from a domestic automaker. I hope they can surprise me and make it right. I'll report back soon.

OP
OP

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My 2019 JLUS in in the shop right now (3200 miles). A representative from Jeep called to tell me the tech said that's normal for a Jeep. I plan to ask them to take me out in a new one or two to prove that to me. It wasn't like that when I got it five months ago and it shouldn't be now. I would't have ordered one if they were doing that during test drives. I'm concerned that this is going to be the customer service I'm going to get from a domestic automaker. I hope they can surprise me and make it right. I'll report back soon.
Mine wasn’t normal. I ended up getting a buy back for the 2018 JLUR due to the axle locker issue. I now have a 2019 JLUR. Night and day with the shifting. I never even notice when this one shifts. The 2018 was definitely broke. The 2019 does have a bad engine vibration when stopped that needs some attention though.
Sponsored