Sponsored

Auto Transmission Slow Speed Issue or Normal?

wwheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I have a 2019 JLUR 3.6 with an automatic and 3500 miles. When I first got the Jeep, I couldn’t stop being amazed at the transmission being awesome. Acceleration and highway speed shifting is still great. But I’m not sure if my transmission is starting to have problems or if I’m just imagining it. I don’t remember these problems when I first got it but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention.

Here’s the scenario. I live in a big neighborhood and have to drive 20-30 mph for a while and fluctuate my speed a lot around curves to get out.

This keeps me in 3rd and 4th most of the time but sometimes I’ll get into 5th. My problem seems to be in 3rd and 4th.

During this time, the Jeep does a light bucking action like it’s a manual transmission and I let out the clutch just a little too fast. It seems to do this when I let off the gas and/or between shifts.

Normally it’s light, but this morning it did it pretty hard and startled me.

Also this is warm or cold. It does the same no matter the temperature of the transmission.

I also have a 4runner, which obviously is totally different. Its so much smoother around the neighborhood, but it is a dog for acceleration and at highway speeds.

So my question to everyone is does this seem par for the course for this transmission or is this different than what others are experiencing?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2019 JLUR 3.6 with an automatic and 3500 miles. When I first got the Jeep, I couldn’t stop being amazed at the transmission being awesome. Acceleration and highway speed shifting is still great. But I’m not sure if my transmission is starting to have problems or if I’m just imagining it. I don’t remember these problems when I first got it but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention.

Here’s the scenario. I live in a big neighborhood and have to drive 20-30 mph for a while and fluctuate my speed a lot around curves to get out.

This keeps me in 3rd and 4th most of the time but sometimes I’ll get into 5th. My problem seems to be in 3rd and 4th.

During this time, the Jeep does a light bucking action like it’s a manual transmission and I let out the clutch just a little too fast. It seems to do this when I let off the gas and/or between shifts.

Normally it’s light, but this morning it did it pretty hard and startled me.

Also this is warm or cold. It does the same no matter the temperature of the transmission.

I also have a 4runner, which obviously is totally different. Its so much smoother around the neighborhood, but it is a dog for acceleration and at highway speeds.

So my question to everyone is does this seem par for the course for this transmission or is this different than what others are experiencing?
Hi wwheeler,
If you decide to have your dealer look into this further, please keep us updated. If additional assistance is needed, we are available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I have the same problem, I didnt notice this until a few weeks back. This problem only seems like it happens between gears 3 and 4. I'm not sure if this is normal or not and tired of going to the dealership to hear this is normal for all jeeps. Im currently at the service department waiting room now....

OP
OP
wwheeler

wwheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR