FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Yes, the 2 dr is a true Wrangler.
This is the oldest/stupidest kind of comments you can see on car forums...
There’s no «true or fake» Wrangler, or any other type of cars...
Just the type you like/love, answers your needs, and make you happy
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Call me crazy, but the LJ was the ticket. If Jeep would bring out a stretched JL body in two doors, that would be perfect.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
4 dr it is just more use full for me towing 3500 vs 2000 my tent trailer weighs 3200 I can also add an ursa minor down the line can't with a 2 door. I have 2 big dogs plus I really like the looks of a 4 dr on 35s. If i scrape a belly pan no biggie plus betteron really steep hills no somuch risk of going over backwards. But in the ened they are both beautiful and I agree the 2 door looks great but so did that Hella yella at the LA auto show.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Exactly. Sorry you feel that way...
Don't get me wrong, I just prefer the looks of the two door and don't need the added space. I am glad they make a four door as it allows people with families or more space requirements to get into a Jeep!

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Yeah, the 4 door looks exactly like all those other solid axle SUVs with removable top, doors, and windshield.

If I ran a forum, the phrase “real Jeep” would be banned.
Yup, definitely...! Currently own a Mustang, and there was these same guys with their « A real Mustang has a V8 », while they claim breaking record times on a track where the auto does all the work...
I was in the market for replacing my Mustang, needing a bigger more practical car that could be driven 12 months a year with the exact same amount of fun, but that still had a huge cool and fun factor ! We already have a 7 seater SUV, so what was the point in getting another similar car.
Came to the point where the Wrangler was the only practical, large, CONVERTIBLE car, AND that came with a manual (being from France, manual is all I drove other than my previous trips to North America and moving to Canada, and feels more fun and safer too), and is such a cool/fun car....
Plus it reminds me of my past Army years :)
(Learnt to drive on one of these ;) )

F9022BB8-D403-4DC5-8F8C-CC23AF761B44.jpeg

Last edited:

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Nowadays I feel like the 2 looks like something that would flip over if you went over a curb its wheelbase is so short and it's so tall.
Every time I see a four door Wrangler it looks like a boat to me - way too large a vehicle, like driving a 1970s Buick Riviera.

My FJ seems huge, but the four door Wrangler is even longer.

However, having owned a two door Wrangler before, I do appreciate the extra cargo room in my FJ, but not enough to get a four door Wrangler.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the 4 door looks exactly like all those other solid axle SUVs with removable top, doors, and windshield.

If I ran a forum, the phrase “real Jeep” would be banned.
Could not agree more with this. There is no such thing as a true Jeep, or a true Jeep owner. I have owned several Wranglers/CJ's in my life, some spent 80% of their time off road, some spent 95% on the pavement. And when someone looked at my fully modded, lifted and locked TJ like what a stupid redneck I would just laugh. By the same respect when other people looked at me with my bone stock and clean JKU with my dog and little girl in it and I could tell they were thinking stupid soccer dad I would just laugh. YOUR Jeep is what you make it, that is the best part about a Jeep. It can mean so many different things to so many different people. Some people push the edges of what can be done safely off road, while other just want a 4 door convertible, and for even more people it is just straight an economical decision. Wranglers keep their value like almost no other car. Because that some "non-Jeep" people buy them.

No matter what team you fall in be happy. If you are a hardcore wheeler you Jeep gets more aftermarket parts and keeps it value thanks to all those mall crawlers. If you are a 2 door fan be thankful for the 4 door, they are by far more popular than the 2 door, it is because of 4 door that the new JL is so awesome. So everyone just stop trolling, it comes down to personal preference and what works for your family. 3 people and a 70 pound lab makes a 2 door very tough, so I will be doing a 4 door, is it a different look sure, but it is still a Jeep and it along with every other Jeep product out there has allowed the product to get to where it is... rant over.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think the "Real Jeep" phrase is just triggering people. There is almost none of that condescending attitude on this forum. Less than any jeep forum I've been on. one guy wrote a post about the JL being a soccer mom Jeep and just got skewered.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Definitely 2 door. With kids its either 4 door or nothing!
Sponsored