Rubi Recon

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Thanks so much Steven. Shoot so I get into the Jeep today. 8.4 works, car play works, fuse (radio) is seated but no sound. Nothing from the speakers. I wonder if the amp has a separate fuse? UGH 388 miles in.
Solved my own issue. Found there was a hi-fi amplifier fuse. 25 amp I removed and reseated and that worked. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Thanks so much Steven. Shoot so I get into the Jeep today. 8.4 works, car play works, fuse (radio) is seated but no sound. Nothing from the speakers. I wonder if the amp has a separate fuse? UGH 388 miles in.
Odd, I hope you get that sorted quick. Let us know what you find.

On a separate topic, when was your Jeep manufactured? I was thinking we should start a data base that contained our build dates and any issues we see. Now that we know Jeep has changed steering gear and LCA's, maybe we could spot potential issues as they came from Jeep. Thoughts?

My Recon was built 6/20.

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Solved my own issue. Found there was a hi-fi amplifier fuse. 25 amp I removed and reseated and that worked. Thanks.
Nice, glad it was a simple fix.

Where's the fuse for that located?

-Steven

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Great idea. My was built in 2/20, have no idea where it spent that time - I think in transit or on a lot in Miami. Some of the window trim was a bit rough from the sun. As you know I had a hard time finding the recon I wanted. This one was so old that it was before a price adjustment so it was about $500 cheaper.

Fuse box is close to the windshield on the passengers side. I pushed in many of the fuses, seemed like the all were not seated properly.

It was a 25 amp fuse in location F12 I think!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Great idea. My was built in 2/20, have no idea where it spent that time - I think in transit or on a lot in Miami. Some of the window trim was a bit rough from the sun. As you know I had a hard time finding the recon I wanted. This one was so old that it was before a price adjustment so it was about $500 cheaper.

Fuse box is close to the windshield on the passengers side. I pushed in many of the fuses, seemed like the all were not seated properly.

Thanks John! I'm working on some Aux. lighting and I think I will taking a look at my fuses.

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
New mod alert. Dual Exhaust. Keeping old muffler just in case.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon DED6A794-CA92-4F19-8118-12A47678BD17
That looks great! Initial impressions? Can you record the sound.

Every time I do a cold start with the 2.0L Turbo, I think to myself 'I bet this little motor would sound great with an exhaust'.

I'm enjoying how much quieter the JL is inside compared to my JK. I don't want to screw that up.

-Steven

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steven - I will make a recording is that helps. It is a little bit louder but not distracting in my opinion. Would love to hear from any else that did this - this is the flowmaster cat back muffler. From what I understand some of the more inexpensive models can be louder.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Steven - I will make a recording is that helps. It is a little bit louder but not distracting in my opinion. Would love to hear from any else that did this - this is the flowmaster cat back muffler. From what I understand some of the more inexpensive models can be louder.
Nice, looking forward to it!

-Steven

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Had a good day wrenching yesterday...loving the new addition(s)...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0165

-Steven

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

Step 1: PUSH IN ALL FUSES!!!! All of mine were loose.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
OK first I greatly appreciate all of the help this forum has provided! Thanks so much!

Two questions

Steven - thanks for the referral on the Chemical Guys detail supplies - I picked some up today.

Question 1 - Magnaflow axel back dual exhaust - YEs or no? I love the ascetics of a dual exhaust but do not want it to be loud or disruptive.

Question 2 - What is the name of the site that you get a $250 rebate after you purchased your Jeep?

I searched for $250 in the forum but nothing pulled up - does any one recall the name.

If I can get some feedback on the magnaflow before 5pm I can order today. OK thanks so much!
Question 2: Bonus Drive. My check arrives today ironically

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Question 2: Bonus Drive. My check arrives today ironically
I tried to do the Bonus Drive offer however it asks for proof of eligibility and I am not a member of those organizations, apparently you need to have insurance through AllState.

Has anybody got this to work without being an AllState customers?

Thanks for the help!

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I tried to do the Bonus Drive offer however it asks for proof of eligibility and I am not a member of those organizations, apparently you need to have insurance through AllState.

Has anybody got this to work without being an AllState customers?

Thanks for the help!
My check is arriving tomorrow and I was a customer of Nationwide when I filled out the forms. I switched to another insurance company since then.
Sponsored