Roof LED Light Bracket

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Is there any heat build up from the light?

Any wind noise?

Is your light bar spot pattern?

Have seen a 30 inch mount bracket with no light?
Can't tell on heat output from the light as it is still cold where I live.
No wind noise at all.
I think the bar is a flood pattern. Please check Rough Country site to make sure.
Don't follow what you mean on the last question.
Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would beg to differ on that statement. The big bright hot spot on your hood between the light bar and the rubber pads to rest the windshield on is your lost light output. I can almost guarantee if you were to move that light to the bumper you’d pick up a little more usable light output.

20180409_202450-jpg.jpg
Had the light attached to a wood frame at same level as the hood height as a stand alone trial. I couldn't tell the difference. If there is, I'm not a light expert.

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Can't tell on heat output from the light as it is still cold where I live.
No wind noise at all.
I think the bar is a flood pattern. Please check Rough Country site to make sure.
Don't follow what you mean on the last question.
I want a 30 inch bar, but a different brand light I am looking for a 30 inch mount where I supply the light.

I have seen a 50 inch mount only. I just did not want that big of hood light

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure they will be out soon and I know the 50 inch mount you are talking about. Not sure about the 30, but I'm sure it will appear soon. Then you can change the brand.

Sponsored

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed with @kkuntz01 ...the over the windshield LED bars will possibly cause wind noise or that whistle sound. I chose the hood mount for mine. No noise at all. I use it often because I live on some land in the mountains and it is nice to use it...
Does that also happen when the actual light is attached to a roof rack, or only on the roof itself? Sorry if that question sounds stupid

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
The only roof light I'm aware of is from Hammerhead.

600-56-0757-2.jpg
That's actually not too bad, and would probably project light further. I've never owned a roof light so I wouldn't know, but I am curious if it'll help light my camp trails better than my high beams or fog lights would.

Last edited:

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does that also happen when the actual light is attached to a roof rack, or only on the roof itself? Sorry if that question sounds stupid
Not sure exactly....maybe some others can chime in...

OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you're doing pod or cube style lights in zone 2, personally I'd do something in a driving pattern which is more of a combo to give you some distance and some good spread to the left and right. I've been running this pattern on my JK for years and find it a great all around light pattern. A "spot" pattern is more of a pencil beam that will only give you distance.

This is my JK with Baja Designs 8" OnX on the bumper and their Squadron Pro's at the windshield all in driving pattern.
10615416_717379271630618_5734108604842108615_n.jpg
Ordered some Baja Designs Squadron Pros and the new JL mount. They seem to be top quality and the kit comes with the wiring harness which I'll pare down to work with the Mopar Aux Switch bank. I got the Driving/Combo pattern because that seems the most versatile since I don't need a dedicate Spot light

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Ordered some Baja Designs Squadron Pros and the new JL mount. They seem to be top quality and the kit comes with the wiring harness which I'll pare down to work with the Mopar Aux Switch bank. I got the Driving/Combo pattern because that seems the most versatile since I don't need a dedicate Spot light
Sweet, hope you enjoy them!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sweet, hope you enjoy them!
Yea and I figured the Pro's with 4900 lumens would be way brighter and better for off-roading than the Sports (2260 lumen). Won't know until there here and installed but I could have definitely used them in Moab this weekend...

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Which JL mount?

Who makes the mount?

OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First I’d ask yourself, do you need a light bar or do you want a light bar. The reason I bring this up is that when you install a light bar just for the cool factor, be aware you’ll be stuck dealing with all the annoying noises that come with that decision.

That said it’ll probably be a little while yet before companies come up with a mounting solution as they need to come up with a completely new approach on the new Jeep due to lack of attachment point on the windshield frame. Who knows, we may end up seeing something like what they’ve been doing on trucks and SUV’s since the light bar craze exploded.
Apparently this guy says it stops the whistle

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Last edited: