Vehicle Showcase

mneebs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I went with the RC 30 inch bar. There is glare from the hood but it doesn't bother me. When it warms up, I will be putting on a matte black hood decal to fix that.

20180330_163045.jpg
20180330_163039.jpg
Here are some pics with the hood LED off and on on my driveway. Also some shots of the hood. Right now the hood glare does not bother my eyes at night because it is not reflecting back towards you. I plan on installing a matte black hood decal in the next month or so. That would take care of it. Overall I like the light very much.

Left click each pic to enlarge them....The hood of the JL has a slight downward angle from the wiper blades to the front edge of the hood. Therefore, there is no loss of light beam. However, you would get a kick back reflection from any light on the A pillar or the hood, thats why matte black hood decals are a good option or simply go with a front bumper mount.

20180409_202404.jpg
20180409_202428.jpg
20180409_202435.jpg
20180409_202450.jpg

and a shot from inside the Jeep...disregard the light output from this vantage point. The camera iris does not pick up the light well in this pic.

20180409_202356.jpg
Where did you hook the button for the lights up to on the inside of the jeep?

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
the LED wires are spliced directly to my Aux switch wiring bundle under the hood and next to the battery.

mneebs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the LED wires are spliced directly to my Aux switch wiring bundle under the hood and next to the battery.
Which Aux cable did you splice the wires to? Just ordered the same RC light bar, excited to get it installed!

Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which Aux cable did you splice the wires to? Just ordered the same RC light bar, excited to get it installed!
On the Sahara wiring bundle next to the battery, the combination pink and brown wire (which is one of the 2 larger gauge wires) is Aux switch number 1.

mneebs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the Sahara wiring bundle next to the battery, the combination pink and brown wire (which is one of the 2 larger gauge wires) is Aux switch number 1.
Excellent, appreciate the information!

mneebs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to keep bugging you about the install Bingy but just want to make sure Im getting it right. My bar came in, going to install today but I am assuming that in order to splice the wires to the Aux wires you cut the on/off button off of the relay cords that came with the bar?

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to keep bugging you about the install Bingy but just want to make sure Im getting it right. My bar came in, going to install today but I am assuming that in order to splice the wires to the Aux wires you cut the on/off button off of the relay cords that came with the bar?
No worries. You will have a wire bundle coming off the LED light and it ends at a plug. Keep this. Then the other wire bundle will have the relay and switch attached to it. So you will mount your LED hood bar and run the LED light wire under your hood with the plug secured somewhere under your hood and near the firewall. Then you will attach the other plug to the LED bar plug. From there you will have 4 to 6 foot of wire that runs to your battery. When you cut off the relay and switch from that second bundle, all you are using is the red and black wire. So from that adjoining plug from the LED bar, you run a black and red wire to your battery aux bundle next to the battery. Join them there and you are done. Remember, the Jeep has its own relay and fuses for the factory installed aux switched. This is why you are simply running a red and black from your LED bar to the aux wires next to the battery.

Sponsored

heidiferring

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Zo6

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Agreed with @kkuntz01 ...the over the windshield LED bars will possibly cause wind noise or that whistle sound. I chose the hood mount for mine. No noise at all. I use it often because I live on some land in the mountains and it is nice to use it...
I had one above the windshield also and it made lots of noise I did stop it with door trim though. Does the one on the hood make any noise or did you have to put door trim to stop it ? some people say it does

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Wondering what side steps are shown there.
Hammerhead is a conversion company I think if I remember right it's pretty big those pillars brackets they need to make some that are just average size like they made for the JK

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I really like that Rough Country hood mount light bar the 30in in the Black Series my Cube lights are Black Series you don't even see it sitting on that black Vince. I guess that's where Mouse clothes for the vents does it block those it really looks good you can't even see it I'm amazed I just figured it shouldn't make wind noise because the wind is hitting the front windshield the window is comes like when you have one on top of the windshield when the wind hits and goes through so for those of you that have it mounted on the hood did you have to do anything with door trim to cut noise down or is there no noise at all ? and are you losing any light it looks like it's hitting the hood looks like you're losing some light. Can you tell if your losing light a little bit ? Because you can see it hitting the hood it will not damage the hood or anything we it that heat ?

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had one above the windshield also and it made lots of noise I did stop it with door trim though. Does the one on the hood make any noise or did you have to put door trim to stop it ? some people say it does
No not at all. No trim needed, it stays quiet. I like it very much...
Sponsored