First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW K1600 GTL & Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Retired
Curious. Do the holes in the Roam steps attract ice in the winter? Seems like snow would accumulate, melt, freeze and the steps would become icy.
Sponsored

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Curious. Do the holes in the Roam steps attract ice in the winter? Seems like snow would accumulate, melt, freeze and the steps would become icy.
Hi!

Our JL Side Armor Steps are designed to self drain within a few seconds regardless of how much water there is or even full immersion and will shed snow when driving (designed and tested in winter, lol). The step surface will also drain via the rear and side drainage channels directly. There are also no internal concave areas or "valleys" for water, snow, or ice to accumulate.

Thanks!

Lowboy8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
So people with the roam steps. Do they seem to block the flying rocks, and mud splatter pretty well? That is pretty much all I’m worried about with adding steps. If not I’m also looking at the Go Rhino RB20. They seem to be pretty wide. Any info from those with experience would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
d3vils-advocate

d3vils-advocate

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 1976 CJ5
Occupation
Firefighter
I haven't had any problems with rocks flying up. Love the steps. The only issue I had was with missing a few bolts that Roam didnt replace even after informing them that they were missing. I ended up purchasing some on my own. Other than that though, the steps are great!

So people with the roam steps. Do they seem to block the flying rocks, and mud splatter pretty well? That is pretty much all I’m worried about with adding steps. If not I’m also looking at the Go Rhino RB20. They seem to be pretty wide. Any info from those with experience would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to update here. Everything came in next day as promised and then install was smooth! Love the steps and love the company.

Mistakes happen - and you can’t always plan for them. So, knowing that a company is ready to step up to bat to correct whatever randomness might pop up... we’ll, that’s cool.

The steps look great and are very functional. They look factory, which is something we love (very clean and they blend right in).
How are you liking them? Been between these two here and was mostly set on the ROAM but the Iron Cross steps are $304 shipped new on amazon. thats a solid $155 less for something that looks pretty much OEM.

Sponsored

OP
OP
d3vils-advocate

d3vils-advocate

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 1976 CJ5
Occupation
Firefighter
How are you liking them? Been between these two here and was mostly set on the ROAM but the Iron Cross steps are $304 shipped new on amazon. thats a solid $155 less for something that looks pretty much OEM.
I love mine. I'm so glad I went with the Roam ones.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I went with the Iron Cross steps. I like their look but I actually preferred the look of the ROAMs more (other than the gaudy logo cut into the steps). My main reasons were that, with ROAM, I read difficulty in connecting the LEDs and that those that installed them complained about them needing to be replaced. I figured I wouldn't install the lights but I am either left with an open hole or plugging them with a cheap-looking plastic plug (that aren't even included). Add to that that many (at least when I was looking) complained that their steps came pretty beat up and were unable to get responses from Anthony. Nor did he respond at all in the forum thread with the complaints where he had responded in the past to questions.
Sponsored