ROAM JL Side Armor Steps

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
I little surprised. Most companies don't charge you until they ship. I really like these and have spent countless hours looking at different side steps.
They’re releasing the mk3 one soon if you wanna email Anthony at roam to be put on a list or some
Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what MK2 and MK3 is, but I am buying the frame mount black powder coat. Back ordered but may as well get on the list.

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
They are already released and in stock but more than twice the price of mk2’s
they released the stainless boat side ones. E-coated mk3 rails have the capability to add boat sides.

Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
I would love these steps ... but with reports like these I still refuse to give money to a company that has delays, poor communication, and lack of presence on the forums.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of odd that a company like Roam would not become a forum sponsor. They could only benefit I would think. Obviously they are very busy regardless. Someone mentioned LOD as an option. I will look but I don't want to mess with body bolts so will have to see how they attach and what they look like. There are others that look good but I like the body protection from stones etc coming off the tires.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Kind of odd that a company like Roam would not become a forum sponsor. They could only benefit I would think. Obviously they are very busy regardless. Someone mentioned LOD as an option. I will look but I don't want to mess with body bolts so will have to see how they attach and what they look like. There are others that look good but I like the body protection from stones etc coming off the tires.
The load destroyer sliders do not attach to the main body bolts

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...k-sliders/2018-jl-destroyer-rock-sliders.html

Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I went ahead and ordered the frame mount because of the additional E-coat step for rust protection.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
The ROAM steps on your rigs sure look sharpe! A question (or 3) for those of you with the frame mounted ROAM: About how big is the gap between the rail and the outside of the body? What’s the gap between pinch seam and the frame mounting brackets? Have you had any contact between body and the ROAM metal when flexing off road?

Thanks,
Bill

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
The ROAM steps on your rigs sure look sharpe! A question (or 3) for those of you with the frame mounted ROAM: About how big is the gap between the rail and the outside of the body? What’s the gap between pinch seam and the frame mounting brackets? Have you had any contact between body and the ROAM metal when flexing off road?

Thanks,
Bill
The frame mounted MK3 rails sit about 1/2" away from the body. I can't imagine them flexing enough to be able to contact the body. They feel like an extension of the frame.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
My Frame mounted side steps will be arriving soon. Any tips on install from someone that has done it? Breaker bar needed to undo any bolts? Thanks
Sponsored