Sponsored

Any Canadians with Roam steps?

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Hey gang,

Has anyone ordered Roam steps for their rig? I’m wondering how much shipping was, and if you had to pay any additional brokerage or duties?
Sponsored

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
I can't comment on Roam steps but I can offer up my experience on my recent Rock Hard front bumper and Shittybilt winch.

Freight on the aluminum front bumper (37 lb) was about $250 if shipped to a US address near my Vancouver area location. Instead of this, I ordered the same bumper through Northridge 4x4 who has a location about a 2 hr drive south. Their retail price was the same but there was no freight charge.

I chose to have them install both the bumper and the winch - a 3-hour labour charge.

Since I did not use a brokerage company, there was no brokerage fee. There also is no duty so all I would be faced with was paying the provincial and federal sales taxes, minus my personal $250 exemption for a 1-day US trip. at the border, I declared the items, now mounted on the front of my JLU. The border guard said, "This is your lucky day, we don't have a cashier. Have a nice day."

That was it, no brokerage fee, no duty, and no tax.

OP
OP
ResponsibleAdult

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
I can't comment on Roam steps but I can offer up my experience on my recent Rock Hard front bumper and Shittybilt winch.

Freight on the aluminum front bumper (37 lb) was about $250 if shipped to a US address near my Vancouver area location. Instead of this, I ordered the same bumper through Northridge 4x4 who has a location about a 2 hr drive south. Their retail price was the same but there was no freight charge.

I chose to have them install both the bumper and the winch - a 3-hour labour charge.

Since I did not use a brokerage company, there was no brokerage fee. There also is no duty so all I would be faced with was paying the provincial and federal sales taxes, minus my personal $250 exemption for a 1-day US trip. at the border, I declared the items, now mounted on the front of my JLU. The border guard said, "This is your lucky day, we don't have a cashier. Have a nice day."

That was it, no brokerage fee, no duty, and no tax.
Well done! Sounds like a worthwhile trip!
Sponsored