Sponsored

Rhino Rack Backbone Installed!

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
The XM antenna needs to be relocated if you use the long Pioneer rack. You’ll get signal drop outs quite often with that hunk of metal right above the antenna. This bracket makes it easy: https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-satellite-antenna-relocation-bracket

I haven’t had any issues with the GPS antenna, but I don’t use it very often.

No wonder!!!!! I've been having bad signals ever since I installed mine. Is it easy to relocate?
Thanks for the advise!
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No wonder!!!!! I've been having bad signals ever since I installed mine. Is it easy to relocate?
Thanks for the advise!
I never followed up on this, but I can confirm that this bracket fixed everything :)

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
Does anyone have an ARB awning mounted with the rhino roof rack pioneer platform? Interested to see how/where the awning brackets where installed. Thanks.
I've had the ARB awning mounted on the pioneer platform since the beginning of summer 2020. I originally used the AWB quick release awning brackets since I was planning on removing it while parked overnight(s) in Colorado on vacation. I ended up never touching the brackets, so I replaced them with the ARB universal awning brackets, and they've been up ever since. We've gone all over the place and those brackets haven't moved at all. Here is a quick pic of the way I have them mounted. Check out my previous post to see it mounted from afar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Backbone Installed! IMG_2640

Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I've had the ARB awning mounted on the pioneer platform since the beginning of summer 2020. I originally used the AWB quick release awning brackets since I was planning on removing it while parked overnight(s) in Colorado on vacation. I ended up never touching the brackets, so I replaced them with the ARB universal awning brackets, and they've been up ever since. We've gone all over the place and those brackets haven't moved at all. Here is a quick pic of the way I have them mounted. Check out my previous post to see it mounted from afar.
Thanks! I will use the ARB universal awning brackets as well. Did you need any special hardware to attach them or just nut/washer/bolt?

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
Thanks! I will use the ARB universal awning brackets as well. Did you need any special hardware to attach them or just nut/washer/bolt?
I just used one M8 bolt/washer/channel nut that I had for each one. Keep in mind mine is the 2000x2500 awning. I think it's the perfect length for the Jeep/pioneer platform, but if you get the 2500x2500, ARB recommends using 3 brackets. I also bought extra stainless M8 bolts and channel nuts from Amazon, and they come in handy when adding stuff like this!

pablosauli

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks to the great guys at Rebel Off Road, I got my Rhino Rack backbone installed! It looks incredible and I can’t wait to load it up and go camping!

Good afternoon Sir, do you by any chance have the total height from the ground to the top of the platform? Long story short, I am having my jeep (same as yours) delivery overseas due to military commitments and the apartment complex I am staying overseas, the underground garage seems to be not high enough!! Hopefully my Rubicon can fit.

OP
OP
frogger2020

frogger2020

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Wrangler JL
Good afternoon Sir, do you by any chance have the total height from the ground to the top of the platform? Long story short, I am having my jeep (same as yours) delivery overseas due to military commitments and the apartment complex I am staying overseas, the underground garage seems to be not high enough!! Hopefully my Rubicon can fit.
I did this some time ago before I added the 1.5" lift and 35" tires. If I recall correctly the height before the lift was 76", but not totally sure. I limited myself to the current lift and tires and it fits in my garage by about an inch. I do have issues if I need to park in underground garages in LA, but at home I am ok.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
The XM antenna needs to be relocated if you use the long Pioneer rack. You’ll get signal drop outs quite often with that hunk of metal right above the antenna. This bracket makes it easy: https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-satellite-antenna-relocation-bracket

I haven’t had any issues with the GPS antenna, but I don’t use it very often.
Thanks for this! I just got sat radio setup and had a lot of drop outs this morning on the drive into work. I need to order this bracket.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has installed lights on their rack? How did you run the wiring for them? Did you drill through the hardtop?

Sponsored

toblerthedog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S6, Sting Gray JLUR
Also, I was wondering if anyone has installed lights on their rack? How did you run the wiring for them? Did you drill through the hardtop?
I run a small light bar, center-mounted, on the front of my RR. In an unrelated post, you can see a photo of where I have the wiring pass thru the hardtop between rubber seals.

Linky (see post #2)

Wires are easy to hide on the underside of the RR channels and thru the interior body up to the Aux switches.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I run a small light bar, center-mounted, on the front of my RR. In an unrelated post, you can see a photo of where I have the wiring pass thru the hardtop between rubber seals.

Linky (see post #2)

Wires are easy to hide on the underside of the RR channels and thru the interior body up to the Aux switches.
Ah, I see how you did it. Thanks. I was wanting to run a rear light and that looks like a good option.

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
Thanks for this! I just got sat radio setup and had a lot of drop outs this morning on the drive into work. I need to order this bracket.

I have a pair of Baja Designs lights on the corners of the rack. I mounted the brackets using the rack bolts in the corners, so no additional drilling required. The wires are zip-tied on the underside of the crossbars, and I have it routed down the rain channel on the back- see pics below. I used black Gorilla Glue/epoxy so try and match the hardtop, and it blended well. I just clean it up every now and then when it gets dirty and/or grayish (haven't done it in a while!) Wires are tucked in under the hardtop and routed with the rest of the cabling in that area. It's been solid for 2+ years now!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Backbone Installed! lights1

Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Backbone Installed! lights2

Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Backbone Installed! lights3

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly what I want to do for rear lights. I'll look into your example as well. With either of these two options so far, glad to see I won't have to drill any additional holes into the hardtop! Thanks guys.

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
That's exactly what I want to do for rear lights. I'll look into your example as well. With either of these two options so far, glad to see I won't have to drill any additional holes into the hardtop! Thanks guys.
No problem. If you need any extra pics or have any additional questions, reach out!
Sponsored