Remote Start and Aux Disabled Message

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 4 Door, HellaYella
I have recently started to get the message - "Aux switches temporarily unavailable while battery charging" , I have seen other posts on this but no one with a resolution. I understand that I need a trickle charge, but this does not resolve the error. My Jeep is used daily. I have pods attached to AUX Switches and I also have a pedal commander connected via the obd, that is all. Also I tried to use remote start yesterday and it honks once and does nothing. I am wondering are these issues related somehow. Does warranty cover Battery/ Aux Battery issues? Appreciate the help or thoughts on this. Cheers!
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I cant offer anything other than to call service for a visit. My last 5 jls all had remote start ect and Ive never seen (or heard of) this message before. Sorry!
Keep me posted bc you've peaked my curiosity!

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Ok I'm not sure if this applies here but I'll put this out there. When I was working on big rigs, they would have lower battery voltages develope from either failing alternators, batteries, corroded cables, etc... Anyway the body controller modules on the CANBUS would start disabling certain nodes that were considered non essential. This was by design and part of the ECM programming attempting to eliminate a breakdown.

So, it's possible our JLs have a similar setup since we know low voltage causes ESS to be disabled. But like I said, I'm not sure about this on our Jeeps.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Properly load test your battery.

All kinds of unusual error messages can result whenever the system voltage is not within specs.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
I got the same message on my 2021 392 Wrangler, I put the battery charger on overnight and the next morning the message was gone. My jeep had been setting for about a week.

Sponsored

OP
OP
slainte06

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Jeep wouldn't even turn over in driveway after running out and went to move Jeep. Didnt have charger on hand, took battery to local auto store and confirmed Battery good, so looks like Alternator at this point causing it, will drop off tomorrow. Fingers crossed

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
a 2019?? Batteries are tired. Don't fool with it. replace them.

G.

OP
OP
slainte06

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both batteries were shot, replaced under warranty. 24 hours way too long without my Jeep, but at least under warranty so the suffering was worth it.
Sponsored