flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
On the flip side, the UH-1H gets cold as all hell. I camped in mine during an exercise in Hokkaido. It wasn't even super cold but I froze my Cajun ass off. Would have been worse if I didn't have a cold weather flight suit.

Hot day's aren't so bad since you can have a nice breeze through the cabin.
Cold wx flight suits are hard to come by for sure, so at least you had that going for you...I couldn't even get one in Korea! I learned to fly in the beloved UH-1, and after three other helos, they are still my #1 favorite (but yes...cold for winter camping, hot for summer camping).
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
The OP got his wrenches and lived happily ever after, but I saw this thread, and wanted to share the torque wrench I bought awhile back. It's the GearWrench 85066. I have a bunch of cheap torque wrenches that don't stay set where I put them, and just generally annoy me to use, plus I didn't have anything that would go high enough for the LCAs. I ended up picking up the GearWrench after doing a fair bit of comparison shopping.

What sealed the deal for me was the review from a pipeline worker who uses one of these things to torque jillions of bolts professionally. He goes through one of those wrenches in a year, which should translate into the wrench lasting me a lifetime.

I haven't used mine that much yet, but I definitely consider it a happy addition to my tool family. The big thing that jumps out at me is that the metal locking collar is more effective than the lock mechanism on any other torque wrench I've ever owned. It stays where the hell you set it. It also has sane graduations, and it's easier to set to an exact torque than many torque wrenches I've owned over the years.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Last edited:

aronslusa

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
i got Husky's 150 ft lbs wrench from the home depot, like it so far! used it for all the hinge torx bolts (the ones that bolt to the actual door/hood, tailgate), exhaust install, spare tire so far
+1 here
use it regularly to torque and check torque on the lug nuts of my track car. never had issues and 142 lb-ft is +/- 1 lb ft when checked against a digital torque wrench.
Sponsored