Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
What do you guys/gals use to achieve torque angle? I am looking to purchase either a good angle gauge or purchase another 1/2 drive digital torque wrench that does degrees. What do you use or prefer to get the job done?
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
So the two I was considering, 1/2 flex head GearWrench and the 1/2 Acdelco, from amazon I did not purchase because of the length of time it took for delivery and I was in the middle of doing a suspension install and needed it now so off to the local big box stores I went. The only 1/2 (50-250 Ft-lbs) digital torque wrenches I could find that also did degrees were the Quinn and the Craftsman (CMMT99436). I ended up purchasing the craftsman.

I have been using click type torque wrenches forever so this digital type, I will have to get use to. It’s very easy to use, it’s just different but it gets the job done.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What do you guys/gals use to achieve torque angle? I am looking to purchase either a good angle gauge or purchase another 1/2 drive digital torque wrench that does degrees. What do you use or prefer to get the job done?
Do you really need a torque-to-angle as for the few times I've needed one I've been able to find equivalent final torque values to use.

Perhaps if you were in a shop doing work all the time it would be nice to have, but I just don't see it being needed for a DIY'er?

vap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Angle gauges can be quite inconvenient to use when it comes to torque values above 100 ft lbs. Marking an initial and a final positions of a nut with a protractor and a sharpie might be a cheaper, easier and more precise solution. And you get a free visual check for later inspections.
Sponsored