Sponsored

Re-fueling at Shell

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I use the Shell minutes from my house to get diesel, they have 4 diesel pumps, 2 combined with regular gas and 2 diesel only pumps. The combined pumps were being used by people getting regular gas, so I decided to go to the dedicated pumps. I didn't realize that diesel only pumps have a much larger nozzle that does not fit (so just cancel right?, well I use Giant reward points and I had 50 cents off per gallon and didn't want to lose that), I remembered someone mentioning a funnel was included, and sure enough I was able to use the small funnel to add 17 gallons of diesel (you have be careful and hold the nozzle until filled and stop before its full, don't ask, only a few ounces spilled out). lesson learned, green nozzles fit cars, yellow nozzles are for big rigs.....
Sponsored

j2.pictures

First Name
Justin Null
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
Always good to know for future reference! I did not realize this was a thing either until you mentioned it.. :giggle:

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
That seems idiotic of Jeep.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That seems idiotic of Jeep.
What's idiotic about it? It provides a simple solution for allowing a diesel owner to use the larger diesel only pumps. Diesel only pumps purposely have larger nozzles to prevent people with non-diesel vehicles from using them. Jeep isn't the only manufacturer to provide a funnel for this purpose.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's idiotic about it? It provides a simple solution for allowing a diesel owner to use the larger diesel only pumps. Diesel only pumps purposely have larger nozzles to prevent people with non-diesel vehicles from using them. Jeep isn't the only manufacturer to provide a funnel for this purpose.
Idiotic that Jeep did not make the filler neck large enough to use a standard diesel pump.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Idiotic that Jeep did not make the filler neck large enough to use a standard diesel pump.
They did.

It's big enough for a standard automotive diesel pump. 🤷‍♂️

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
The truck diesel pumps also flow a lot more. When you're filling up a semi, the higher flow rate is important. You could fill up a semi with an automotive diesel pump but it takes a lot longer to throw in a hundred gallons.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Because it's not a truck and the filler neck has to accommodate dual diesel/unleaded pumps.
Sponsored

Last edited: