First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
I have reached out to JeepCares about this and no reply. One thing to consider is a catch can. I know that even the mention of a catch can can get people fired up with a debate, but I was shocked by how much my CC trapped in a short amount of time. It made me wonder about the degradation of fuel quality and octane rating.
Did your CC diminish the issue?
Sponsored

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Hi guys

So the misfire came back a few weeks ago I have try everything without good results so finally about 3 gas tanks ago I found a long term expensive solution, it has been 3 tanks of premium gas (91 octane) and a bottle of Lucas octane booster (3 real points of boost) on each tank, since tank 1 the misfire completely went away, I know that is an expensive solution but I rather spend an extra 8 dollars a tank (booster cost) and wait for a possible FCA solution than have the dealership keep my Wrangler for weeks trying to figure out what we already know what the problem is. So, this proves is that the air/fuel ratio tune is definitely too lean. @JeepCares FCA needs to take action with the current Tuner and update the tunning ASAP, I'm pretty sure if this doesn't get fixed, it will cause future engine problems to a lot of Wranglers JL 3.6
I try to run BP mid-grade. Seems to work 90% of the time. If I run any other brand I have to go to premium.

Hau82

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon unlimited
I try to run BP mid-grade. Seems to work 90% of the time. If I run any other brand I have to go to premium.
Try Lucas oil Octane Booster, It will work 100%. On my wrangler misfire dissapeared complety after using it but if I miss one tank without Lucas misfire comes right back. It's an expensive temporarily solution but it works

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
I tried BP 93 octane this week and it’s running better from 18.3 mpg to 20.1 mpg. Only a few trips with it though but that was straight on into a helly head wind too. Has me thinking maybe there’s parts and components on the new JL that have to have higher octane or octane booster? I know the turbo 4 requires 91 octane due to the turbo but maybe the 3.6 has something on it that needs higher octane? And the engineers missed it? Not sure but thinking.

Sponsored

Hau82

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its all about the tuning. The air/fuel ratio is tuned to run lean for fuel economy, this engine needs to run just a little bit richer.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
its all about the tuning. The air/fuel ratio is tuned to run lean for fuel economy, this engine needs to run just a little bit richer.
Will an after market tune fix it?

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
So I'm concerned that I'm leasing mine right now with the intent to buy it after the lease. However, I don't think I will want to if there has been damage done this entire time. Anybody know how bad this knocking/clattering is on the wear of the engine?

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
So I'm concerned that I'm leasing mine right now with the intent to buy it after the lease. However, I don't think I will want to if there has been damage done this entire time. Anybody know how bad this knocking/clattering is on the wear of the engine?
Hard to know without taking the valve cover off voiding the warranty

Hau82

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will an after market tune fix it?
A correct aftermarket tune should take care of the problem but unfortunately the ecm software comes lock from factory to prevent aftermarket tunes and if someone can unlock it say goodbye to the factory warranty

Sponsored

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
A correct aftermarket tune should take care of the problem but unfortunately the ecm software comes lock from factory to prevent aftermarket tunes and if someone can unlock it say goodbye to the factory warranty
Oh, superb! What about pedal commander or another throttle response tuner? Are the use of those detectable when not plugged in and will it even fix the problem?

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
The biggest problem is it isn't constant, so the dealer claims they can't hear it. Unless someone figures this out I plan on just driving it and see if it causes issues. If it never gets worse and never burns oil I guess it's not really a problem? The warranty is good for 36k right? We should know if it's a real problem by then. Not sure what else to do. I love my Jeep too much to trade it.

Hau82

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, superb! What about pedal commander or another throttle response tuner? Are the use of those detectable when not plugged in and will it even fix the problem?
I've been running PC for about 6 months and it really makes the difference in throttle response but the misfire problem doesn't dissapear because it's not a throttle problem is a tune problem

Hau82

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The biggest problem is it isn't constant, so the dealer claims they can't hear it. Unless someone figures this out I plan on just driving it and see if it causes issues. If it never gets worse and never burns oil I guess it's not really a problem? The warranty is good for 36k right? We should know if it's a real problem by then. Not sure what else to do. I love my Jeep too much to trade it.
It's not a constant problem but it's a problem that is there, the best way for the dealership to notice the misfire is to plug the obd computer to the wranglers obd port and take it for a ride, but no matter what they do to try to fix it the problem will eventually come back if FCA doesn't update the air/fuel ratio to make it a little bit richer

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
It's not a constant problem but it's a problem that is there, the best way for the dealership to notice the misfire is to plug the obd computer to the wranglers obd port and take it for a ride, but no matter what they do to try to fix it the problem will eventually come back if FCA doesn't update the air/fuel ratio to make it a little bit richer
If they do that it'll lower their overall EPA rating as a company. I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored