Sponsored

Rattle from Freedom panel

Vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4xe
I'm new to jeeping, but i have a little rattle/squeak coming out of the passenger side freedom panel. I noticed the front center lock is tighter than the others. the panel is centered. Any advice?

thanks!
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure no seals are pinched and remember passenger panel goes in first

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
I'm new to jeeping, but i have a little rattle/squeak coming out of the passenger side freedom panel. I noticed the front center lock is tighter than the others. the panel is centered. Any advice?

thanks!
check out this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/driverside-post-rattle.12900/page-2#post-344827

It starts out as B-pillar noise, but is later identified as Freedom top noise too. @Chuck has a good note about the foam making a noise against the white plastic area

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Where would a pinch occur? It's just an annoying little squeak over bumps.
There is a small seal flap on the passenger panel in the rear that can get pinched, also it may just be a loose latch so make sure they are all tight and put some treatment on all the seals, I personally use 303

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vrhaines

Vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4xe
Thanks everyone. It's going to be a billion degrees in Pittsburgh again today, So; I'll take the top off and check all the seals and place some dots today. Can't hurt to attack both potential problems!

That said, I love this thing.

IMG_3956.jpg

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Don't really want to admit this, but after chasing a rattle from over my head with silicon lube on seals, sanding, shimming rubber stops etc, I found the bolt securing hard top needed to be tightened a half turn. No more ticking sound while driving. I use a cordless screw driver to remove and instal lthe roof and I guess I didn't get this one tight enough.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Don't really want to admit this, but after chasing a rattle from over my head with silicon lube on seals, sanding, shimming rubber stops etc, I found the bolt securing hard top needed to be tightened a half turn. No more ticking sound while driving. I use a cordless screw driver to remove and instal lthe roof and I guess I didn't get this one tight enough.
I had the same "clicking" sound when going over bumps and found that my cordless drill didn't get the hard-top screws tight enough. I tightened them with the hard-top tool and the clicking sound went away.

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Take the freedom panels off. Check the windshield bolts tight and the hardtop bolts tight [7.5 ft-lbs]. Put the freedom panels back on and check for the noise.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Thanks everyone. It's going to be a billion degrees in Pittsburgh again today, So; I'll take the top off and check all the seals and place some dots today. Can't hurt to attack both potential problems!

That said, I love this thing.

IMG_3956.jpg

We see you have your floor jack ready and waiting , lol . Don't put your head under when you jack up a corner , lol .

Pilateschic

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Has anyone had any experience with one of the front panels actually coming off while driving?