Sponsored

Freedom Panel Noise

Hinxster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I absolutely love my 2018 JLUR, but both Freedom Panels make a ticking noise that is driving me crazy! The sound comes from the area of the panel locking lever directly above the driver's and passengers head. The noise comes and goes based on road surface and ambient temperature. Unlocking the inside lever tends to lessen the noise but does not eliminate it. I've researched all of the forums relating to Freedom Panel noise. I've torqued the Freedom top bolts, tried tightening them beyond specs, applied silicone to the rubber seals and applied rubber and felt pads to the area where the panels meet the locking levers. None of this has eliminated the noise. I believe that I am not alone and that this ticking noise is a common problem with the JLUR Freedom Panels. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet because of a belief that they'll just keep the truck for a week, apply automotive cloth tape somewhere on the panels and give it back saying it's fixed when it isn't. I'm hoping that someone can give me specific info on how to get rid of this noise for good and/or knows of a TSB that I can tell the dealer about if I end up going to them for help. Fingers crossed! Thanks in advance for the replies!
Sponsored