Sponsored

Quoted build/delivery time. Wait... What???

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
I ordered a JLUR on 10/11/21 and it had the window sticker on 1/5/22. Not bad since they started building 22's mid December. If things go well, I *should* get it delivered by end of the month. How does that Tom Petty song go?

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Now it's in your head for the rest of the day. You're welcome.
Sponsored

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
Ordered 10/19 had ship/build date 10/21 delivered to dealership 1/3

Mrlimelight

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
So, is that a potentially real issue? I know the mats have been back-ordered for quite a while, but will selecting them (or another scarce option) cause a delay with a vehicle order, or does the factory just delete that option or issue an IOU for the part? Are there any other options besides the mats, that are scarce and could cause a delay?
I ordered my JLR 12/8/21 My Dealer told me the Hardtop Headliner was not available and that they had removed it from the order. It was probably something they could do at the dealership

Reactions: AFD

Mrlimelight

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 12/9 and got confirmation from dealer and jeep chat that its in transit and will have a deliver date of 1/11-1/24 2dr rubi soft top
Our order date is one day apart ordered mine 12/8/21 hope that is a good sign for me. JLR Black 3 piece hardtop 3.6 manual

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I ordered my JLR 12/8/21 My Dealer told me the Hardtop Headliner was not available and that they had removed it from the order. It was probably something they could do at the dealership
Huh, that's good in a way I suppose, since it didn't delay your order, but still kinda sucks not to get a simple option you'd want. I know aftermarket ones like Hothead Headliners are supposed to be really good, but honestly, I'd rather just have something like that done at the factory.

Sponsored

Mrlimelight

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh, that's good in a way I suppose, since it didn't delay your order, but still kinda sucks not to get a simple option you'd want. I know aftermarket ones like Hothead Headliners are supposed to be really good, but honestly, I'd rather just have something like that done at the factory.
I agree

MtgGuy99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
interesting. I ordered on 11/5, a loaded 4XE with hard top headliner and another on Jan 2nd with the headliner as well with no issues.

I wonder if it went out and came right back in? Weird.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
It's some random person online who really has no idea and is told to quote earlier times as a result of making the customer happy while on the phone. Not sure why this is a surprise. Go back to basking in your hot tub. :LOL:

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2022 392 XR ordered 10/15; VIN 10/16; still sitting in D status.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I noticed very few 2022 392s are showing up in cryptostickers as being scheduled for build yet. I suspect the ones showing up are left over '21s that got bumped to 22.

It looks like they are working on everything except 392 22s right now.

Sponsored

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
I noticed very few 2022 392s are showing up in cryptostickers as being scheduled for build yet. I suspect the ones showing up are left over '21s that got bumped to 22.

It looks like they are working on everything except 392 22s right now.
Over the past week, Cryptostickers shows 43 of 335 updated orders were Rubi 392s. That's 13% ... which is pretty damn high, actually, for the far and away most expensive Wrangler model. 4XE models (Sahara+Rubicon) are only 79 of those 335, by comparison.

Obviously of people tracking a build on Cryptostickers the 392 is going to skew much higher than the general public, but still. I'm not at all surprised by these numbers.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
ordered 12/9 and got confirmation from dealer and jeep chat that its in transit and will have a deliver date of 1/11-1/24 2dr rubi soft top

Holy cow, I ordered a 2-Door Rubi Painted Hard Top on 12/4 and it's waiting to be built still...

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
Over the past week, Cryptostickers shows 43 of 335 updated orders were Rubi 392s. That's 13% ... which is pretty damn high, actually, for the far and away most expensive Wrangler model. 4XE models (Sahara+Rubicon) are only 79 of those 335, by comparison.

Obviously of people tracking a build on Cryptostickers the 392 is going to skew much higher than the general public, but still. I'm not at all surprised by these numbers.
I went through and sorted 2022, 6.4 and order date... there were about 400 392 orders showing up. I didn't manually count them but it couldn't have been maybe 10% or so had a found build sheet. The vast majority with a found build sheet were ordered prior to October. This is out of 55 pages of 50 orders each page of 2022 orders.... so about 2750 total orders.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Chat from today:

Jeep Chat Jacklyn
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

Me
What are you seeing as an average order/delivery time? I ordered a '21 in June and it took 15 weeks from order to delivery

Jeep Chat Jacklyn
Our vehicle orders take approximately 7-9 weeks from the order date.

---------

So my order went in mid-December.
Based on Jacklyn and the other JC guys 7-9 week estimate, I should see it drop at Guptons around Mid-February. I hope it's at least mid-March, but I still say it will be April before it actually shows up.
Sponsored