Sponsored

Quoted build/delivery time. Wait... What???

Kiki392

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 392, Ducati Streetfighter V4, BMW M850
Occupation
Finance Manager
I knew going in that production wouldn’t start till mid December. The source of my frustration is seeing jeeps ordered Nov/Dec rolling off the line already and they don’t even have an anticipated date for mine. I ordered a Willys JLU 3.6MT 8.4 Radio and premium top. I’ve seen jeeps with every option i have on cryptostickers ordered after mine but yet I remain in D status purgatory.
Honestly, as a just Jeep dealership employee (finance manager), I don't have any true insight as to what is going on in the factory; however, our dealer principle has said that he was advised that production is going at full tilt. I don't know how true that is so... What I can say is that there is no rhyme or reason on my end as to production schedules. I have seen people order a jeep and it be in within six weeks and another order come in after 12 weeks. Wish I could be a fly on the wall at the plant.
I hope I don't get stuck in D status purgatory; however, I guess it's possible.
Sponsored

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
H

This is the result of a poor dealer giving you intentionally bad information. They knew in October that production wasn't even starting until mid December, so they quoted you a time they knew was impossible.
Actually back then it was the beginning of December. Was pushed to mid-December due to the number of ‘21s that hadn’t been built yet.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I find myself checking our dealer connect every hour to see if there has been any updates. That does not help at all. LOL!
Not every hour for me but at lease 3-4 times per day.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Even if it was December 1st, the point stands
Agreed that it’s from the date building starts, but even that has proven to be a moving target.

Sponsored

XPLOR3

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR WHITE
You guys probably have the floor mats option and they are in back order! 🤣
I’m sure they are building full steam!
I’ve heard a lot of people saying that they prioritize customer order over dealership stock. And probably building the most “392” and 4xe first
The jeeps that don’t have all the parts available will stay on the wait list.
relax guys you’ll get your turn.

Order 12/27/21
Vin 12/28/21
No shipping

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
so i'm kind of checking

ordered 23rd December

but shouldn't bother - am out of country for 7 weeks, so suits me if arrives around March/April time

2019 order arrived shockingly quick, was around 5 weeks later arrived at Dealership - think even then was meant to be 10 weeks

I need to pay, and pick up that Landrover 110 in my picture, in Cape Town, and go camping with it

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I was told 13 weeks for my 2021. It came in at 8.5 weeks.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm soaking in a hot tub, bored, so I contact Jeep Chat to inquire on the status of my 12/16 ordered JLUSS.

The response was what I expected:

SwatiBhardwaj
"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

That was no surprise at all.

BUT then I asked if He/She could tell me the current, average Order to Delivery times they are quoting on 22 orders.

I said I'm assuming 12-16 weeks.

He/She replied and I almost drowned.
His/Her response "7-9 weeks".
Now we all know that is...... wishful thinking at best.

Sadly when I went to question Him/Her further I hit the back key on my phone and lost the chat window.

If you contact JC, ask them the current order to delivery time. I'd be interested to see the responses we get.

I thought I saw an official Stellantis document that said 22s wouldn't deliver until ar least March.
when we ordered ours on 12/4, our dealer said they were running 6 to 12 weeks. Which is a very large window.

Sponsored

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I ordered mine (JLUR392) 12/23. It has been in D status since 12/27. Special orders tend to jump to D status with a vin fairly quick.
I find myself checking our dealer connect every hour to see if there has been any updates. That does not help at all. LOL!
Can I have your Dealer Connect credentials??? :giggle:

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
You guys probably have the floor mats option and they are in back order! 🤣
So, is that a potentially real issue? I know the mats have been back-ordered for quite a while, but will selecting them (or another scarce option) cause a delay with a vehicle order, or does the factory just delete that option or issue an IOU for the part? Are there any other options besides the mats, that are scarce and could cause a delay?

XPLOR3

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR WHITE
So, is that a potentially real issue? I know the mats have been back-ordered for quite a while, but will selecting them (or another scarce option) cause a delay with a vehicle order, or does the factory just delete that option or issue an IOU for the part? Are there any other options besides the mats, that are scarce and could cause a delay?
I was just joking about the mats but I’m sure there are a few options/parts that might take longer to get.
the problem is that there might not be a lot of people that know exactly witch ones for you to get your Jeep faster. 😜