Quick disconnect for sway bars

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Anyone have suggestions on brands of sway bar disconnects for a JL sport? Figured I may as well have shop install this as well while they’re doing lift, wheels, and tires. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Coworker has jks on his gladiator. Just grease them up and should be good to go. Sometimes you’ll need a second person to rock the Jeep up and down to get them on or off.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I 2nd JKS disconnects. Had them on my 18 Sport and loved them. You do need to be on flat ground when removing or installing but you can have someone push on the side you are working on to help get them back on.

Plus you can buy parts if you need to rebuild them.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
JKS. Easy install. Just need a sawzall or grinder to remove that one bracket.

Also easy to disconnect when airing down tires.

OP
OP
Robbyreneeward

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Thanks for the advice. Was looking at teraflex or JKS

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Anyone have suggestions on brands of sway bar disconnects for a JL sport? Figured I may as well have shop install this as well while they’re doing lift, wheels, and tires. Thanks in advance.
Robby,

I just answered this on another thread earlier this morning:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ct-recommendations.25991/page-11#post-1342666

I'm using the following Teraflex Quick Disconnect kit:

https://teraflex.com/shop/category?utf8=✓&q=1764000&view=6

I'm loving everything about these disco's. Worth every penny (~ $50). No grinding on anything, simple install once you get the old sway bar links removed.

Hope this helps.
Jay

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
I have the Metalcloak quick disconnects. I went with them because there was no cutting required for install.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I have a different experience with the Teraflex QD. First, it required fairly significant grinding to remove weld pieces from axle. TF didn't create the issue, but not a simple bolt on as advertised.

My biggest issue is there a fair amount of play and they are very noisy. If you didn't know would think something is wrong as you hear them with just backing out of the garage for example.

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I have a different experience with the Teraflex QD. First, it required fairly significant grinding to remove weld pieces from axle. TF didn't create the issue, but not a simple bolt on as advertised.

My biggest issue is there a fair amount of play and they are very noisy. If you didn't know would think something is wrong as you hear them with just backing out of the garage for example.
Sorry to hear. However that's not been my experience at all. My ONLY issue is the need to sometimes use a pry bar to reconnect them on level ground. I'm still experimenting with level vs right or left side slightly higher.

Otherwise no issue whatsoever after installation. No noise and certainly and absolutely no grinding on anything. I did need professional help getting the bolts free on the stock links. I just could not break them loose even with a breaker bar. But that was even before the Teraflex kit was installed.

Jay

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Consider getting Apex AutoLynx. Yes, compared to a set of JK disconnects they are pricey. However, you will never find yourself down in the mud trying to get your links disconnected or connected. It takes about 30 seconds to disconnect, and that includes getting out of and back into the Jeep. It takes a few seconds longer to connect. You can also disconnect on terrain that isn't perfectly level (within reason) and you can connect on uneven terrain as well.

The AutoLynx are adjustable to fit your particular lift situation. In my case I have zero lift, but if I ever decide to lift the Jeep I can use this same set.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have the JKS quick disconnects on my Sahara. Installing the peg under the front fenders took a bit of work, but the swaybar links are a breeze to disconnect and reconnect.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick disconnect for sway bars BF4A4587-3E04-4941-8B55-1F256701AB1A

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick disconnect for sway bars 1640910769604
Sponsored