Questions about extremely long service issues

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I noticed it shortly after. So I looked back at the pictures I had taken the day I got it and it was there. They apperantly dont do painting at their location which I was unaware. I dont see how theycouldn't have been painted and then bolted on the day I dropped it off. It's been a complete hassle and I would have ignored the issue and ordered my own hinges and had them powder coated if I had know this was gonna take this long.
Bummer. But they should have told you that they were sending it out instead of letting you believe that they were going to repair it. I'd still push for a payment since you haven't even had it for a month:like:
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
They apperantly dont do painting at their location
Fortunately I do painting at mine--called my driveway--I say in disgusted tone empathizing with your situation.

This is as simple as going here https://www.quadratec.com/mopar/jeep-touch-up-spray-paint-can I say to your dealer, not you who shouldn't have to do this, buying a freakin can of Bright White paint code PW7, masking parts of the hinge and body not needing repair and spraying this....maybe a little buffing prior.

There's no need to blend colors or anything. Your rig is too new for UV light to have made the paint on the body different in shade to the naked eye than that in the can--no body shop blending is required..white BTW, as many of us know, being one of the easiest colors to match anyway even if blending were required.

It sounds like your dealer didn't think through turfing this to the body shop, nor does this body shop sounds like the best in town.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Lol like that will happen- sounds like the typical I want something for nothing. Let me guess if they donā€™t your going to ā€œdrive the vehicle through the glassā€?
No, Iā€™m not driving through anything. This is some other personā€™s problem.

Itā€™s not ā€œI want something for nothing,ā€ itā€™s ā€œI want the vehicle Iā€™m paying for, not a POS loaner.ā€ I wouldnā€™t be saying this if it were in the shop for eight days, but a month is ridiculous.

Germansheperd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2019 HD FLHXS, 2018 Taurus, 2008 Mustang GT, 1994 Z28
When you buy a vehicle you assume all responsibility for it. No one is obligated to give you a loaner if your vehicle breaks or needs service. If you bought a car off of your neighbor do they have to give you a loaner when it needs service? A lot of dealers offer a loaner as a courtesy and usually only offer what they have available at that time. If you donā€™t like the free loaner thats too bad.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
When you buy a vehicle you assume all responsibility for it. No one is obligated to give you a loaner if your vehicle breaks or needs service. If you bought a car off of your neighbor do they have to give you a loaner when it needs service? A lot of dealers offer a loaner as a courtesy and usually only offer what they have available at that time. If you donā€™t like the free loaner thats too bad.
View attachment 259194
giphy (2).gif

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Germansheperd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The OP is right to expect that these Jeeps donā€™t have these type of issues. These things are not cheap.

If FCA is serious about attracting the more affluent buyers that can afford these prices, then it better deliver on the expectations that come with it.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Actually, part of the Jeep Wave program is a loaner while the Jeep is being serviced... So settle yourself and know what you're talking about.

Germansheperd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, part of the Jeep Wave program is a loaner while the Jeep is being serviced... So settle yourself and know what you're talking about.
Part of Jeep wave is you get a 1 day loaner/rental allowance. No where does it say you get a vehicle for the duration of a service and or what type of vehicle you can get. So in theory you may get a based out Compass free for 1 day while your 60k Rubicon is in for 2 weeks. After that you are at the mercy or kindness of your dealers service dept.
Iā€™m very settled and know what Iā€™m speaking about. Do you?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Huskywrangler

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Finally heard something back, they are "hoping to have it done by friday this week". I'll be interested to see the ticket of what all they had to do.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm dealing with the same paint issue, except mines the doors not the hinges. Dropped it off last Monday (12/2) and was supposed to get it back Friday (12/6) but it got delayed so by Wednesday (12/11) it'll be back I'm told. I finally got a loaner and I chewed them out for the delay and the hassle so I got the 19' Rebel in the meantime. I give you credit for being polite and dealing with that for so long, but yea you have every right to go off on them for that stunt. Jeep Cares wasn't involved for me partly because I forget they're even there, but I'm not one of those quiet customers when things hit the unreasonable level of these situations. Gift or a curse, idk, but anyways I truly think they either don't really care and your JL keeps getting sidelined/pushed back or they made a boo-boo/bad decision and are trying to fix it..........so you're well within your rights to know where you vehicle is at and either pick it up or go see it yourself. I couldn't imagine a month of this crap. :no:
Hi Cory,
Please keep us updated. If additional assistance is needed, we are available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

OP
OP
Huskywrangler

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hadn't heard anything so I gave the dealership a call. It's now "looking like the first of next week". Beyond frustrated. Over 40 days to get door hinges corrected.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hadn't heard anything so I gave the dealership a call. It's now "looking like the first of next week". Beyond frustrated. Over 40 days to get door hinges corrected.
That's just freaking crazy:angry:... Did you demand any compensation?
Sponsored