Sponsored

Question - Does your Jeep have this wire visible?

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Last week my Jeep had the heater core replaced. I'm pretty annoyed that this happened on a new Jeep. Today when cleaning my Jeep I noticed a wire coming out from under the center console and going under drivers seat. The wire had a blue heat shrink connector like the wire had been cut or broke. Just wondering if anyone else has this. Did the dealer break or cut a wire? Or is this factory? Looks like crap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I managed to get a pic. Dealer confirmed they had to remove the console, but claims they did not break a wire and this heat shrink but connector is factory. I call BS. I warned them I am OCD and wasn’t happy about the tearing my JL apart:angry:

See the blue heat shrink? That’s OEM:facepalm:

332E902F-C10F-41B7-B6E3-4C3B6B53E948.jpeg

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
That really looks familiar, if noone else chimes in I'll let u know later

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Thank you. I took a look at a couple Jeeps at the dealer and all had that wire but covered in a mesh type loom, and no blue heat shrink.
I also dropped my phone down there prior to this recent repair and did not notice the heat shrink when fishing it out, and I'm the type who would notice that sort of thing.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Where does the wire go? I have a wire from my console but it is black and wrapped. Looks like for the seat sensor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
It looks to be for seat sensor.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I see the wire on mine, but it's wrapped in black Tesa type cloth tape. I don't see a blue butt connector, but maybe it's up under the center console.

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Yes, thats what I saw on other JL's. I kind of find it hard to believe that FCA used a blue butt connnector (that was crimped but not heated to seal)

I'm going with the tech who worked on my Jeep broke or cut a wire and is not owning up to it. This is why I did not want the dealer repairing this, and wanted a new Jeep. Makes you what else they half assed

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m sorry but to answer your question, from visuals alone that does not look factory at all.
There are a couple of wire harnesses going from the middle of the center console to each front seat but they are all supposed to be completely wrapped in black felt tape and if it really is a basic crimping connector I am pretty sure that the factory does not use those types of home-style connectors. But this is my opinion and I cannot state it as fact.

freaknasty

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willy's Unlimited Extreme Recon Package
Occupation
I'm, "That Guy"
I managed to get a pic. Dealer confirmed they had to remove the console, but claims they did not break a wire and this heat shrink but connector is factory. I call BS. I warned them I am OCD and wasn’t happy about the tearing my JL apart:angry:

See the blue heat shrink? That’s OEM:facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL Question - Does your Jeep have this wire visible? 332E902F-C10F-41B7-B6E3-4C3B6B53E948
Should give you box seats Tickets to see the cubs / cardinals play and free gas
Sponsored