Sponsored

Does your JL have ParkSense?

Does your JL have ParkSense (backup sensors)?

• Total voters

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
It has a camera... why do i need something to beep when i can just LOOK at the screen.
I got this so I can look in mirrors, and through front windshield without having to be focused on my camera screen.
To ME camera + sensors is the perfect combo ; if I’d have to pick one out of 2 I’d go with the sensors though

Last edited:

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
It has a camera... why do i need something to beep when i can just LOOK at the screen.
Sometimes the rear camera doesn't pickup everthing and other times folks aren't paying attention to their rear camera. I ordered it on mine, would hate to hit the neighbors kid riding by on their big wheel. It's one of those options you don't need it until you do need it or wish you had it.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Sometimes the rear camera doesn't pickup everthing and other times folks aren't paying attention to their rear camera. I ordered it on mine, would hate to hit the neighbors kid riding by on their big wheel. It's one of those options you don't need it until you do need it or wish you had it.
Isn't the Parksense also the cross traffic monitoring? I generally back into parking spots but if I need to load something I will pull straight in. When pulled straight in and backing out you may not see somebody coming down the parking lot isle. They usually feel they have the right of way so they just keep going until they are close and beep their horn. With Parksense you will be warned of one of these people before you can see them even with a backup camera.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I asked for it; but we'll see how annoying this gets parallel parking in NYC... (for reference, I can fit my WJ into a space about 6" longer than the Jeep itself with a bit of Austin Powers maneuvering).

Should have opted for the steel bumpers and rock rails instead...:headbang:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I asked for it; but we'll see how annoying this gets parallel parking in NYC... (for reference, I can fit my WJ into a space about 6" longer than the Jeep itself with a bit of Austin Powers maneuvering).

Should have opted for the steel bumpers and rock rails instead...:headbang:
There is a button to disable it just like ESS.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Mine has it.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
This, along with the camera, is what I've waited for in a Jeep. Makes backing up in my garage simple. Also backing up to a trailer is easy when you're alone.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Got it. Our main street has angled parking, and we are a tourist town. With the spectacular visibility out of my LJ, it's a wonder I haven't hit someone already. I'm looking forward to the added safety.

But for most parking? I'm like @cedxc2005 , I can slip my LJ into a spot about the same size as the vehicle. I don't need it for that. And experience with my husband's landrover suggests that it needs to be turned off for 4 months of the year, or it thinks the snow on the bumper is an imminent danger.

InfamousYert

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Bright White.
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the Parksense also the cross traffic monitoring? I generally back into parking spots but if I need to load something I will pull straight in. When pulled straight in and backing out you may not see somebody coming down the parking lot isle. They usually feel they have the right of way so they just keep going until they are close and beep their horn. With Parksense you will be warned of one of these people before you can see them even with a backup camera.
The camera is more than wide enough for me. I can see, easily, 7-8 spots in either direction. I’m not going 18 MPH backing out of a spot either. Silly ass sensors and stuff don’t let you get different taillights. The factory LED tail lights are hideous. (At least to me). But to each their own.

I can’t see your ugly LED taillights when I wave.
Sponsored