Sponsored

Does your JL have ParkSense?

Does your JL have ParkSense (backup sensors)?

• Total voters

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Left it off. More expense when sensors, or parts containing sensors, are scuffed on the trails.
I did the same with my JLU Sahara... has it in my previous SUV... actually don’t miss it.
Sponsored

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This is one of the only packages I didn't take when ordering, other than smokers.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I got it for the cross traffic piece and love it! I’ve had that for a while so I was glad to have it again.

Sponsored

ItMustBeJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR PUNK'N
I figure it can't hurt for road driving. Especially in/arround DC. It's automatically disabled in 4WD, isn't it?

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I have park-sense on my truck, and end up turning it off half the time (towing, tailgate down, etc).

I didn't really care for it, and figure with a Jeep it's definitely not necessary for how I want to drive it

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
My current car has it and I find the beeping annoying. Espoecially when it is caused by snow near the sensor.

My eyes and the backup camera will do the trick.
My wife's SUV actually has cameras mounted high that make it look like a drone view almost. That is actually really cool, but also not needed.

Sponsored

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I have it but I think something is wrong with it. Every time I put reverse the right rear park sense turns red as if something is really near. I have an aftermarket bigger spare tire but I don’t think that’s the problem because it only does that on the right side.

Any thoughts?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have it but I think something is wrong with it. Every time I put reverse the right rear park sense turns red as if something is really near. I have an aftermarket bigger spare tire but I don’t think that’s the problem because it only does that on the right side.

Any thoughts?
Take the spare tire off and see if it still does it. At least this will let you know if that is the issue or not.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
My current car has it (front and back). I've had the front turned off for a while now but the back sensors are still on. Together with the backup camera it's a nice little safety net to have in a big city where parking can be tight. I won't be paying for the option on the Jeep though. The camera is enough. If I really miss it, I'll just install them myself.

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
My current car has it (front and back). I've had the front turned off for a while now but the back sensors are still on. Together with the backup camera it's a nice little safety net to have in a big city where parking can be tight. I won't be paying for the option on the Jeep though. The camera is enough. If I really miss it, I'll just install them myself.
I didn’t know you can install that feature afterwards...
Sponsored