Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Good people, we are removing the stock running boards from my wife’s 2020 Sahara and replacing them with rock rails. Is there any point in trying to sell them? I have seen multiple attempts on this forum to do the same, but the threads are extremely short on replies.
Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Good people, we are removing the stock running boards from my wife’s 2020 Sahara and replacing them with rock rails. Is there any point in trying to sell them? I have seen multiple attempts on this forum to do the same, but the threads are extremely short on replies.
Not sure what they go for but I'll probably be in the market for my Altitude once it comes in! If you have a local group maybe offer them for free or for a case of beer?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a quick $100-200 for them depending on your local area. It's worth the attempt. Post on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. I bought mine on Ebay when I ordered my Jeep for about $150. It beat paying Jeep $600 from the factory for them.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
They seem to sell about the same as rock rails around here on FB Marketplace... around $100 if still pretty much new.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, people want them.

As suggested, try Facebook Marketplace, or even Craigslist.

Good luck.

Sponsored

TP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Sold mine for $100 recently. As others have said, throw them on some of the local sites and someone will bite, just be patient.

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
There is a market for these boards, when I purchased my JLU Sport S, I paid the dealer to install them on my Jeep. They had a pair of take offs and gave me what I thought was a good deal at $250.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The question I have is: is there a market for a Sahara front bumper?

I replaced the OE plastic bumper with a Mopar steel bumper as I plan to add a winch; the plastic bumper is now sitting in my garage, fog lights and all.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
Yes I would have purchased take off's if I could have found them providing they were not toobeat up. I skipped ordering them with the Jeep & realized quickly wife had difficulty. I ordered new online for $366.30 from Just for Jeeps & put them on myself.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I bought my Rubicon rock rail take-offs on FB Marketplace for $75, which I thought was a good deal. They were on her Jeep for 2 days before she decided she needed running boards, so they were essentially brand new.

I'd think you could sell them for at least $100, maybe more, just have to be patient and wait for the right buyer I guess. My seller had hers on FB Marketplace for six months, she had forgotten they were even on there when I contacted her :)

Sponsored

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
I'd agree that there's a market for them, but their size makes the shipping costly, so it's a local sale item. The Member Marketplace may not produce a buyer (doesn't hurt to list them here, though) Facebook or Craigslist are your best bets.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

I replaced the OE plastic bumper with a Mopar steel bumper as I plan to add a winch; the plastic bumper is now sitting in my garage, fog lights and all.
I had ZERO luck giving mine away... I scrapped it at an auto salvage and got $7 for that and my old shocks and springs.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Sold ours over a year ago on CL and actually got like $150 for them. It was someone with a Sport looking for running boards so we lucked out. Throwing up here and CL for a few bucks and see what happens.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Yes there is absolutely a market for them. I put mine on CL for free and some guy came and took all my free Jeep parts and shipped them to El Savador where he said they will Frankstein anything from one Jeep model to another.
Sponsored