Sponsored

Question about carpet floor mats...

tarancholula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep yet. :(
Hi, I've been lurking and am getting closer to ordering, so I had a question about the carpet floor mats.
I'm looking at getting the all-weather mats, but I saw on the awesome Delivery Checklist thread that it seems like you may not get both when adding the all-weather mats. Anyone know?

I'd ideally like both, so that the all-weather are more seasonal. Do you get the carpet floor mats regardless of the add-on?

Thanks!
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hi, I've been lurking and am getting closer to ordering, so I had a question about the carpet floor mats.
I'm looking at getting the all-weather mats, but I saw on the awesome Delivery Checklist thread that it seems like you may not get both when adding the all-weather mats. Anyone know?

I'd ideally like both, so that the all-weather are more seasonal. Do you get the carpet floor mats regardless of the add-on?

Thanks!
I found this out and both my friend that works at FCA and my dealer confirmed.

If you order the All Weather Floor Mats when you place an order the Jeep will not come with the carpeted floor mats.

I had my dealer remove the All Weather Floor Mats from my order so that I will get the carpeted ones that are standard on all Jeeps. I will just order them afterwards so I have both.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
When you order the all weather from the factory you only get all weather no carpet mats

I just ordered a set of the Mopar mats from Amazon for $105 with prime

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
I have the all weather floor mats in my new Rubicon....I like them, they fit well. I would think the climate your area will determine what you should get. Here in Colorado, it can snow 7 months of the year. The factory all weather mats fit perfect and look like they will do the job. Happy I got them.
The Weather-Tech ones are probably great also, I just find them a little over-kill....but I like them as well...
Being on the trail often, in snow, mud and ice.....don't need the carpet type.

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Is there a reason that people want to have both sets? Bc as for me... If anyone really wanted my mats, they could have them... I got the dealership to through a set of the all weather mats in when I I got my JL and I honestly will never put the carpeted mats back in since I live by the beach

Sponsored

OP
OP

tarancholula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a reason that people want to have both sets? Bc as for me... If anyone really wanted my mats, they could have them... I got the dealership to through a set of the all weather mats in when I I got my JL and I honestly will never put the carpeted mats back in since I live by the beach
Haha, I may take you up on it. ;) I think I’d like both and switch them depending. Maybe that’s too much work, lol.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
Is there a reason that people want to have both sets? Bc as for me... If anyone really wanted my mats, they could have them...
As for me I like to have them to place in vehicle when I sell it off in a couple of years. New mats look good at resale time. Also you paid for so why not take them and sell on Craigslist, etc.. Or, let the dog sleep on them or use them for door mats. Again, you paid $ for them...

View attachment 17517

Last edited:

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Is there a reason that people want to have both sets? Bc as for me...
As I live in Canada, I put all-weather mats November to April for obvious reasons, then I switch to the carpet ones since they’re more comfy when I drive in flip-flops (aka barefoot) in spring and summer :)
And they’re cleaner too :)

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
snipe:
As for me I like to have them to place in vehicle when I sell it off in a couple of years. New mats look good at resale time. Also you paid for so why not take them and sell on Craigslist, etc.. Or, let the dog sleep on them or use them for door mats. Again, you paid $ for them...

View attachment 17517
Exactly! Same here.

Now if FCA made the all weather mats at order cheaper because they were removing the included carpeted mats I am fine with that and I would have not dropped it off my order. I also never use the carpeted mats but yes at trade in / resale time they are nice to have.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
That's $80 for 2 mats for a JL, not 4 mats for a JLU !

OP
OP

tarancholula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! Same here.

Now if FCA made the all weather mats at order cheaper because they were removing the included carpeted mats I am fine with that and I would have not dropped it off my order. I also never use the carpeted mats but yes at trade in / resale time they are nice to have.
Good point though! Since I can buy them afterwards for the same price (with a red Jeep logo though), maybe I should do that. Then I’m essentially getting both for the price I would’ve paid for one set.
Sponsored