First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I'm going to order some all weather floor mats for my Jeep before we head to the Reno Air Races this year, but I see on the Mopar site there are two part numbers and both say with Red "Jeep". Any idea the difference?
82215203AD
82215203AE

Also, any (additional) positive or negative comments on these?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I'm going to order some all weather floor mats for my Jeep before we head to the Reno Air Races this year, but I see on the Mopar site there are two part numbers and both say with Red "Jeep". Any idea the difference?
82215203AD
82215203AE

Also, any (additional) positive or negative comments on these?
AE uses "stiffer bushing" material on the grommet holes so they don't become loose after only 3k miles and develop the death wobble.

/sarcasm

Last edited:

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I'll weigh in on assessment... I had WeatherTech's in there, which I've historically really liked. I swapped em out because I had an "unexpected rain event." :)

What I learned was the WeatherTechs hold all that water, and then there's nowhere to put it. Trying to pull the mats out just sloshed it everywhere. Since the MOPARs have the plug cut, that should never be a problem there. The downside is, particularly after taking out the carpets, they don't really "snap" into the drain plugs below, so I'm never sure they're seated properly. Also, the coverage up behind the gas pedal is less than the Weathertechs. Only other nit is in the backseat the mat is supposed to mate together in the middle, but the joining system is poor and it never stays locked.

Overall I'm good with them, but they could be better. Will be intrigued if maybe they introduce a v2. I'm also noticing that all the mats don't fit quite right with the carpets removed - that makes sense, but just something to be aware of.

Cheers,
Nick

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
I have them and like them, but as mentioned above the drain grommets do not snap into the drain hole in the floor properly. Mine did not seat flush to the floor and I was afraid of leaks from underneath when driving in rain and snow so I ended up cutting the grommets off and getting a second set of floor plugs to close the drain holes under the mats.

Sponsored

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I have them and like them, but as mentioned above the drain grommets do not snap into the drain hole in the floor properly. Mine did not seat flush to the floor and I was afraid of leaks from underneath when driving in rain and snow so I ended up cutting the grommets off and getting a second set of floor plugs to close the drain holes under the mats.
oh that's a really good idea. I may have to do that...

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
AE uses "stiffer bushing" material on the grommet holes so they don't become lose after only 3k miles and develop the death wobble.

/sarcasm
Now that right there made me giggle.......:LOL: Thanks Jerry, I needed that. :like:

OP
OP
ASMSAS

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
AE uses "stiffer bushing" material on the grommet holes so they don't become lose after only 3k miles and develop the death wobble.

/sarcasm
:LOL: Thanks, that made it very clear. I don’t plan on being much in the snow but more sand and mud so I’ll take a look at the Weather Techs too

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
I bought the red Jeep ones and hate the drivers one. It has a gas pedal cut out and leaves the carpet exposed. This alone made me sell and buy weathertech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered the mopar all weather mats with my Jeep and like them just fine. I too ordered an extra set of drain plugs off Amazon to just plug the drain holes rather than messing with the carpet underneath.

Sponsored

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the red Jeep ones and hate the drivers one. It has a gas pedal cut out and leaves the carpet exposed. This alone made me sell and buy weathertech
I'm doing same thing, lots of snow, salt and mud where I live and the carpets really hold the salt and look bad. First car where I didn't use Weathertechs, got caught up in distortion field ;)

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I ordered the mopar all weather mats with my Jeep and like them just fine. I too ordered an extra set of drain plugs off Amazon to just plug the drain holes rather than messing with the carpet underneath.
being a bit dense & trying to picture what you've done in my mind, but I"m coming up blank: any images to show & explanations as to why?

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Jeff, here’s as simple as I can explain, the JL has rubber oval shaped drain plugs under the carpet in the floor to allow water to drain to the street. The new weather style mats have, if you want to call it a funnel built into the rubber mat to actually allow water to drain from the weather mat to the street. The carpet is pre-cut, you pull the oval carpet piece off, remove the oval rubber plug from the floor, and push the mat funnel piece into the hole in your floor. Then you use the plug from the floor to seal up the weather mat until your mat fills with water, then you can pull the plug and water drains to the street. Some don’t want to actually use the drain hole system, thus you’ll have a “bump” on the weather mat since it’s not actually pushed into the floor drain/hole.. Make sense?

EHB3

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X 4XE
Jeff, here’s as simple as I can explain, the JL has rubber oval shaped drain plugs under the carpet in the floor to allow water to drain to the street. The new weather style mats have, if you want to call it a funnel built into the rubber mat to actually allow water to drain from the weather mat to the street. The carpet is pre-cut, you pull the oval carpet piece off, remove the oval rubber plug from the floor, and push the mat funnel piece into the hole in your floor. Then you use the plug from the floor to seal up the weather mat until your mat fills with water, then you can pull the plug and water drains to the street. Some don’t want to actually use the drain hole system, thus you’ll have a “bump” on the weather mat since it’s not actually pushed into the floor drain/hole.. Make sense?
This cleared it up for me as well - thanks!