Quadratec JL Super Tweeter ???

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
If you get them post up your thoughts. I've been considering putting just tweeters in the dash

also, you can get a pair of silk dome tweeters with bass blockers for under $50 and make your own plate to mount them. if you dont want to spend over $100

OP
OP

Tier1Gear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited Wrangler
If you get them post up your thoughts. I've been considering putting just tweeters in the dash

also, you can get a pair of silk dome tweeters with bass blockers for under $50 and make your own plate to mount them. if you dont want to spend over $100
I’m really considering it...they’re on sale and Quadratec offers an additional 5% off to forum member..,hmmmm

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’m really considering it...they’re on sale and Quadratec offers an additional 5% off to forum member..,hmmmm
Get them. I did and they are awesome. I will post a more detailed review hopefully tomorrow.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I started off by reading through a bunch of threads and seeing that Kicker makes a speaker that fits the front dash and that the install was “easy.” So I went ahead and ordered a pair. While the install was “easy” there were certainly a few steps - (1) attaching the harnesses to the speakers which frankly were quite difficult for me to jam on; (2) 15 minutes splicing each of the harnesses into Metra adapters which were originally not included in my order but big kudos to Crutchfield for sending them express (and complimentary) after I called them; and (3) the big issue with respect to the wiring - thanks to the help of oceanblue2019 - realizing that the Alpine 8.4” system creates the Metra adapters to have the + and - wires reversed so I had to go back and reverse the splices and reinstall them.

You can see my write up here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1310634/

After running around with them for several days they were certainly “louder” than the stock speakers but they felt very flat and almost muffled to me.

I had seen the Quadratec “JL-TWEET Super Tweeters” when rummaging through the Quadratec site and maybe one mention here but, honestly, I passed them over maybe because of price or maybe because of lack of familiarity with the name / brand - but either way I was skeptical. So, not as happy as I thought I would be with what I just installed, I went back to Quadratec’s site and pulled up the Super Tweeter installation guide just to see if it was “real” and sure enough it looked to me like what I have seen from many small, US owned manufacturers (redline, JTopsUSA, MORE, LOD, etc) and it even had a name “Bob” and a LOCAL number to call on the bottom - so I called! Sure enough “Bob” picked up and spent an hour with me on the phone explaining his design and his manufacturing process. His knowledge of the Jeep system and technical audio elements is clearly impressive; and you can tell he really cares as he knows his product and every little intricacy inside and out. The conversation convinced me to buy a pair - Bob was so confident in his product that he said if I was not happy for any reason at all, I could send them right back to Quadratec, no questions asked.

Long story short, I got my pair and put only one in (the front left dash). WOW - what a night and day difference! I used the balance/fader to dynamically switch from left to right and back. The Super Tweeters were crystal clear and I could hear instruments and details in songs that were literally completely lost before.

Now, as far as the install, it is truly plug and play. Also, I will mention the quality is superb - you can tell the heft of the item in its weight and the detail in the quality capacitor used. The metal mounting plate is laser cut to fit perfectly (also, small details are there - for example a notch in the metal plate to line up perfectly with a notch in the dash). Which, by the way, other alternatives do not include a mounting plate and is probably worth $15-30 a pair alone...

I was so happy, I went ahead and ordered another pair for the rear sound bar.

Literally the install involves taking off the covers, unscrewing the stock speakers (make sure you have a trim tool and stubby Philips head for the front and a hex key and torx bit for the sound bar), unclipping the old speakers, clipping the Super Tweeters, and screwing them back in.

I would highly recommend these - they make the sound so much cleaner and clearer. They also bring out audio elements I literally was not hearing before.

I get it, these are $40-50 more versus alternatives - but now I can say first hand these are a night and day difference. They are truly designed and engineered specifically for our JLs.

I’m not sure what it was - maybe it was the brand I didn't know or the lack of a “slick” website/marketing, but I was skeptical. I can say now, that was stupid of me. It appears to be a local business that makes these custom/exclusively for Quadratec and they are fantastic. I know Quadratec has certain exclusive items from vendors they source (like the stealth led light bars), but perhaps they need to do something more to educate us and get these products out there because it appears there are some high quality, great ideas, engineered with thought and pride from great vendors that go largely unnoticed...

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec JL Super Tweeter ??? DD2E8DC2-FB22-434C-A309-7982C750343C

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec JL Super Tweeter ??? 3831C595-38CF-49F1-A609-7E8D26DC9659

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec JL Super Tweeter ??? 2227E4D9-C8B0-416B-BA60-13B206CE1F09

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec JL Super Tweeter ??? E8C9DEF7-BF97-4150-9520-AFB7B9B3104B

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec JL Super Tweeter ??? 84CBE310-3F25-4B02-A6A8-25CFEA76C03F

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec JL Super Tweeter ??? DFE659E3-00D2-4D37-B8F9-AF3081BEF7EB

Last edited:

Sponsored

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
Was your original OEM audio the standard or the Premium Audio?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Interesting you didn't see a good improvement with the in-dash. What brand did you go with originally for the 3.5's?

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
They came with the Alpine system I installed so not sure if it's the tweeter itself or the amp that helped.

Side Note: You can ADJUST them by rotating the top a bit

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Interesting you didn't see a good improvement with the in-dash. What brand did you go with originally for the 3.5's?
sorry who is the question to? did i miss a post?! :movember:

Sponsored

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Haha. I had put the kickers in the front dash. They were “louder” for sure but not nearly as clear and crisp as these.

Now one thing I am noticing with these is they do not seem to be as loud so I kinda have to crank up the volume which makes the bass really thump.

Is there any way to get more “power” to the tweeters?!

Last edited:

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Haha. I had put the kickers in the front dash. They were “louder” for sure but not nearly as clear and crisp as these.

Now one thing I am noticing with these is they do not seem to be as loud so I kinda have to crank up the volume which makes the bass really thump.

Short of installing an aftermarket amp? No, not really unfortunately.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, '21 JLUR on order

I have the Alpine upgraded stereo too and tried these tweeters last night. My experience was the opposite. I suspect the head unit isn't able to effectively power them, because there was a distinct loss of top-end and treble in general versus the factory tweeter w/Alpine. I swapped it for the other tweeter, and tried the fader back and forth and had the same experience. It seemed like it was only able to drive lower frequencies. I put the factory speaker back in and am debating next steps.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Alpine upgraded stereo too and tried these tweeters last night. My experience was the opposite. I suspect the head unit isn't able to effectively power them, because there was a distinct loss of top-end and treble in general versus the factory tweeter w/Alpine. I swapped it for the other tweeter, and tried the fader back and forth and had the same experience. It seemed like it was only able to drive lower frequencies. I put the factory speaker back in and am debating next steps.
what’s did you decide?
Sponsored