First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
They enforce the law. Don't like the law then you need to talk to a different group. I don't live in PA and I knew about the law. Ignorance of the law does not make you innocent.
Come on, you know thats BS.

Did you know that in Sarasota, FL its illegal to sing while wearing a bathing suit?

Go ahead, google "wacky state laws" and youll find a whole list of craziness that if you asked a cop about them, I guarantee you 10000% they wouldnt know them either! How are you suppose to know every law in the book?
Sponsored

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
PA just sucks in general. My brother lives there and absolutely hates it (Has a good job otherwise he would be out)
I think like most places, it depends where you live. There are places I'd rather live, which is why I vacation in those places, but in general I like where I live in PA. I have the beach and skiing (snowboarding actually) within an hour and a half drive. I just can't stand our Jeep laws.

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I live in South Central PA and it really depends on a cops mood whether or not you are going to get pulled over for not having doors or even tire sticking out past the fenders. But if you are going to do it don't draw attention to yourself by speeding/doing stupid stuff and your likely to be left alone. My tires stick out about an inch and I run tube doors with mirrors when I run "door less".

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I would have taken the ticket and fought it voraciously, I have all the respect in the world for LEO; but I am not going to let them tell me how it’s going to be. I would have shown in court how the Wrangler is built with crash and occupant protection with and without doors and that the factory offers other doors options as well. It would get dropped and I would keep a record of the courts finding in my glove box.

That law is silly and should be removed. If motorcycles are allowed you should be allowed to do as you wish as well. It’s your life not theirs.
You're optimistic. Just because you can support your argument doesn't mean the judge will side with it. The law clearly states doors are required.
67 Pa Code § 175.77 (f) "A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with doors of a type used as original equipment...."
Even if you could support your argument with the data you claim to have, the judge is bound by the law. If doors are required by law, they have to be there. The only recourse would be to petition to have the law amended or revoked. I know several Jeep enthusiasts have already pushed for this and may be in the works.

***That said, you're not from PA. The section of law appears to be written under the inspection code. In which case that doesn't apply to non-residents.

Looking further into the possible amendment. It looks like it went to General Assembly, but as best I can find it never passed. H.B. 976 shows the new verbiage which would allow PA Jeepers to go doorless, but none of the PA code shows any such change. I'm inclined to believe it never passed even though it made it to the house.

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
... Cops have discretion over this stuff all day long, they are just assholes about it and are pushed to write tickets for revenue.
Except there was NO TICKET issued, and therefore no revenue generated. So he/she did show discretion.
Just an observation.

Sponsored

motor12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
retired
I still like the old saying (if you can't do the time don't do the crime) I know its a one size fits all but its true.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
It wasn’t enforced. I’ve been riding around for over a year without them. And the state troopers said it was a gray area. It was a local cop that pulled me over. I see lots of jeeps here without doors.

It’s asinine that a state that allows motorcyclists to not wear helmets is worried about Jeep doors.
The cop was an absolute douche. Your right about motorcycles and the same reason seat belt laws are stupid too.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
From what I gather from watching popular YouTube channels, Pennsylvania has turned into the California of the East. I'm glad I don't live there. The authorities and I would clash really bad.
Haha, it’s not THAT bad or I couldn’t live here!

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Those are the "nanny states". They think Joe Public isn't smart enough to care themselves, so they need a shitload of laws for their safety.
It is assinine, when you have: motorcycles.
If you're from the tristate, then you know all about Nanny Bloomberg, who was the queen of the Nanny state. Remember the soda ban, no salt and stuff?

He's also the one who started the Bike Lanes

Potts44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7
funny i just spoke to the State Police in PA last week about this very thing. I own a CJ and because they were an option it is no problem to drive with no doors. however the new Jeeps that come with hard doors only and not as an option it is considered safety equipment. the state trooper (Jonestown Pa barracks) told me most of the state police overlook it but the local cops are another story.
WE NEED A GROUP JUST LIKE THE MOTORCYCLISTS TO GET A LAW PASSED TO MAKE IT LEGAL IN PA.
It is the only way we will get a change. There have to be enough of us in PA to get this done.
anyone know a lobbyist or legislator that is a Jeeper??
Sponsored