Proper alignment specs

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I put longer mopar LCAs, teraflex 1.5” budget boost, new yeti xd tie-rod and fox ats stabilizer.

im taking it in for an alignment thursday. Are there specific specifications I should tell the shop?

I know castor at 6 is a target, but I dont believe that can be changed with my non-adjustable LCAs.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I put longer mopar LCAs, teraflex 1.5” budget boost, new yeti xd tie-rod and fox ats stabilizer.

im taking it in for an alignment thursday. Are there specific specifications I should tell the shop?

I know castor at 6 is a target, but I dont believe that can be changed with my non-adjustable LCAs.
You don’t need an alignment, save your money , put towards Jeep mods. Just set toe, and straighten steering wheel, and your golden.

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You don’t need an alignment, save your money , put towards Jeep mods. Just set toe, and straighten steering wheel, and your golden.
ya know…this is what i was thinking, but everyone is telling me I should get it aligned.

i already straightened the steering with via the draglink. I dont believe castor or camber is adjustable, correct? The camber does seem off…but i also put on the buschwaker hyperform fenders, so a lot more of the wheel is exposed and might be throwing my perception off.

as of now, it drives straight as an arrow. Cruise on the highway at 80 with 2 fingers on the wheel.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
ya know…this is what i was thinking, but everyone is telling me I should get it aligned.

i already straightened the steering with via the draglink. I dont believe castor or camber is adjustable, correct? The camber does seem off…but i also put on the buschwaker hyperform fenders, so a lot more of the wheel is exposed and might be throwing my perception off.

as of now, it drives straight as an arrow. Cruise on the highway at 80 with 2 fingers on the wheel.
Yeah man, it’s one of the biggest waste of money on these JLs IMO , hell, I installed a long arm kit and didn’t get one ……😂

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Roky nailed it. Only thing that can be adjusted on yours is toe. You can do at least as good as most shops. I can show some pics if you need them. I use two cheap 4 ‘ levels.

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Roky nailed it. Only thing that can be adjusted on yours is toe. You can do at least as good as most shops. I can show some pics if you need them. I use two cheap 4 ‘ levels.
I would like to see some pics :) I need to set my toe.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Many places do a free align check... That is what I did…. Get the specs and then tweak it yourself if needed….

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
@Atom631

i have the steersmarts toe alignment kit if you're ever on this side of the river and want to borrow it.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I would like to see some pics :) I need to set my toe.
This is good timing. Just installed some Apex and Steer smart stuff and was doing alignment.

I use cheap 4' levels and cheap angle finder. Lowes, Homedepot, Harbor Freight and even Walmart sometimes have this stuff.

I set tire pressure and make sure I am on a level surface to start.
I use bungee or motorcycle ties for levels.
Measure your tire height and divide by 2.
For me it is just under 18"
That is your level center line.
My level is set to that number front and back and level.
Now measure the front and rear.
Rear should be 1/8 more than front. 1/8 just seems to work around here for me. You can experiment 1/16 one way or the other.
Using a cheap angle finder for caster is very easy also. Comes very close. I also have a digital angle finder I use but you need to be very precise with placement. They are very sensitive. Just have to measure off rotor, square everything and scribe a line on housing to line up with.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proper alignment specs IMG_4430.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Proper alignment specs IMG_4431.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Proper alignment specs IMG_4428.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Proper alignment specs IMG_4429.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Proper alignment specs IMG_E4427.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Proper alignment specs IMG_4440.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Proper alignment specs IMG_4441.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: