Sponsored

PPF and Ceramic Coating Pricing

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
What you were quoted seems in line with a typical front end PPF job, if it's a good shop.

I only did specific spots on mine, so it wasn't quite as much, I didn't go for the full front end.

I did my windshield myself with a kit from here: www.grab-gard.com.

I'm hoping I don't regret not doing my full front end. I didn't do a ceramic coating, so can't speak to that on pricing by itself. The demos of that are pretty cool, though.
Sponsored

BKLYNJeep23

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Patiently
So my local ceremic pro dealer is selling ceremic pro silver for $980, but then I went down the rabbit hole and asked about PPF. They offered Xpel PPF on the front end, plus Xpel fusion ceramic coating for $2500. This seems high, but I also have no idea how to price things anymore or whether it’s worth the cost.

Thoughts?
If it makes any difference I was quoted 2500 for just the front end and the fender is not the doors in New York City with no ceramic coating using Xpel film

The Hiker

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited RUBICON
I had full PPF done on my 2 door, unpainted fender flares and hardtop. Cost me a little over $3k in 2020. Worth every penny IMO.
Hi PA- Punkn, It has been a while since your post. For curiosity, what was your experience with the PPF on the unpainted Hard top and the fenders? What PPF did you use? I am trying to protect them too from scratches of bushes etc... Tried today to apply a PPF sample on the Hard top. No issue with that but It didn't attaché :-(

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
I had my wife's Sahara completely wrapped with Stek film when we first got it. I paid $4800 but I believe it is worth it since we plan on keeping it for a long time.

20220608_120600.jpg

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi PA- Punkn, It has been a while since your post. For curiosity, what was your experience with the PPF on the unpainted Hard top and the fenders? What PPF did you use? I am trying to protect them too from scratches of bushes etc... Tried today to apply a PPF sample on the Hard top. No issue with that but It didn't attaché :-(
Hi Hiker - sorry that post may have been a bit poorly worded. The $2k price was all the painted surfaces, excluding the hard top and fenders. That said, the PPF is awesome and holding up great. Here's the thread with all the details on my research and installation- https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rotection-clear-wrap-shop.45433/#post-1009637

Good luck!

Sponsored

The Hiker

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited RUBICON
Hi there, thank you both for your replies. Too bad Punkn... Seems like I didn't got that right. Anyway, to all of you out there. The PPF I sticked to the hard top, is apparently looking good, so I'm thinking to try to do the side panels of It, allthough the local PPF distributer told me not to do It... ;-)

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
I talked to one shop in my area and about $6500 for both, and thats the full jeep.

djxizodu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door
Agreed at that price. I mean hell, for $5300 you could repaint the Jeep.
nothing will ever be as good, clean or as consistent as factory paint.

$5300 would be a buddy deal. taking a complete car to someone, having them do all the work and paint it and give it back to you is closer to $10k

ppf will save your paint. Literally. I rubbed my windshield frame against a tree. It tore the ppf but paint was undamaged. If I wouldn’t have had it, it would have tore the paint to bare metal. Instead I still Have factory paint and for $300 have just that part rewrapped.

no paint chips

no tiny rust spots that end up growing

no scratches. no Kentucky pin-striping when you take it offroad

If you don’t care about your cars and aren’t keeping them is it worth it? Probably not. But I have a bad habit of getting vehicles and keeping them. In 10 years I’ll have this ppf taken off and more put on. And in 30 years when I still have my same Jeep it’ll still look great.

JESTER46

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Did XPEL stealth ppf, $3500 for the whole Jeep and I love the look and protection, I have it on several vehicles, worth every penny IMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL PPF and Ceramic Coating Pricing IMG_20220508_125755_01

Reactions: 3TV

Sponsored

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
Did XPEL stealth ppf, $3500 for the whole Jeep and I love the look and protection, I have it on several vehicles, worth every penny IMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL PPF and Ceramic Coating Pricing IMG_20220508_125755_01
Did you leave the Rubicon lettering on under the PPF?
I'm looking at the 392 hood black out and fender vents (both two color) and wanted them under the PPF with the Rubicon lettering... but I'm not sure how that will look with air bubbles and such.

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Just got my JLU Willys the full detail in/out and multi-layer 8 year ceramic coated today $800. Its spendy but it looks fantasic. I'll have to wait and see how it holds up. According to the detailer no need to wax it going forward and just wash with soap & water.

Figured I'd post a pic - shameless plug LOL! (no I am not the owner of the detail company. It just hapened to be in the shot).
Jeep Wrangler JL PPF and Ceramic Coating Pricing IMG_1306[1].JPG

JESTER46

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Did you leave the Rubicon lettering on under the PPF?
I'm looking at the 392 hood black out and fender vents (both two color) and wanted them under the PPF with the Rubicon lettering... but I'm not sure how that will look with air bubbles and such.
It came out fine on mine under the PPF, it all comes down to the installer.