Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Picked mine up on Saturday. It’s cool in pics, but it’s incredible in person.

1BD8D968-4D5E-4442-A50E-C176AAD65DF5.jpeg
You can really tell it sits higher than a non XR

Looks amazing, I kinda regret ordering it in white...but the Florida sun made me!
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal

Looks amazing, I kinda regret ordering it in white...but the Florida sun made me!
A friend of mine was lucky enough to find a GeckoX 2 weeks ago on a dealers lot so he traded in his month old 2dr JL Rubi in on it. Was a pretty bare bone Rubi other the the X package but his justification was it would have cost him more to put new wheels, tires and a lift on the 2 dr then what it cost him to step up to the X.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
This is where my head is at also, I ordered 11/4. I'm expecting February/March. My dealer says January, so there's that lol

I am excited after seeing pictures of XR posted here, I can just imagine in person must be insane! Sort of what the Rubicon should've been from the beginning.
After contacting a couple different dealers before placing my order seems like 12 weeks was the common response. That is 12 weeks from 2022 production start on Dec 6 of course. I’m hoping it’s accurate. Reading the forum comments would have one believe automatic unlimited Rubicons are seeing faster turn around for whatever reason?

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
What I ordered seems to be everything that slows the order down. Cold weather package, LED lights Xtreme Recon. Lol.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
What I ordered seems to be everything that slows the order down. Cold weather package, LED lights Xtreme Recon. Lol.
stop it… making me nervous haha

Sponsored

CO_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 392 XR

It absolutely sits higher than a normal JLUR. Tomorrow I will have photos of it next to a diesel Rubicon with the Mopar lift.

spdrcr5

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR
Vehicle Showcase
I finally saw another XR yesterday driving around. They actually pulled up at a light next to me. Didn't expect to see another one so soon after getting mine almost a month ago. It really looks nice. :)

CO_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 392 XR
Here is my XR next to a Diesel with the Mopar Lift on the same BFG KO2's 315/70/R17 tires. I was pretty impressed to see how similar they were in stance/height. The Diesel is definitely a little taller (as expected) by about 3/4 to an inch. Not the best photos for comparison, but gives everyone an idea.

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Here is my XR next to a Diesel with the Mopar Lift on the same BFG KO2's 315/70/R17 tires. I was pretty impressed to see how similar they were in stance/height. The Diesel is definitely a little taller (as expected) by about 3/4 to an inch. Not the best photos for comparison, but gives everyone an idea.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_3848

the diesel has the stock 33’s? I think the Moparlift is nice, and maybe if I convince myself to upgrade to 37’s I will do it…but I’m loving the XR set up. And it’s all stock and covered by warranty…I haven’t had that in a while lol

Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
the diesel has the stock 33’s? I think the Moparlift is nice, and maybe if I convince myself to upgrade to 37’s I will do it…but I’m loving the XR set up. And it’s all stock and covered by warranty…I haven’t had that in a while lol
No, both Jeeps have 35”s (315’s a little smaller than true 35”)

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Do people feel with XR the jeep can still benefit from replacing with a longer LCA? I saw someone mentioned that the XR still uses the same LCA as a regular Rubicon. And https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-lca-swap.22474/ mentioned the longer LCA improved the ride noticeably.
I feel like the XR Jeeps may benefit even MORE than a regular Rubicon due to the increased lift over a standard Rubicon. I have the LCA’s in had right now and I’m just waiting for the Jeep to come in to replace them.
Sponsored