• Total voters

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I have seen too many instances where private sales end in robbery and or loss of life. It’s an awful waste and such a tragedy for all parties involved.

If things need to be sold locally via craigslist or even a private marketplace site and the buyer wants to pay cash, keep it local and conduct your business in the parking lot of your local police department.

Depending on where you live, you may also be able to request an officer be present during your transaction.
Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I have seen too many instances where private sales end in robbery and or loss of life. It’s an awful waste and such a tragedy for all parties involved.

If things need to be sold locally via craigslist or even a private marketplace site and the buyer wants to pay cash, keep it local and conduct your business in the parking lot of your local police department.

Depending on where you live, you may also be able to request an officer be present during your transaction.
I second this notion of doing business in a PD parking lot.

When i bought my rubi springs and shocks i met with a guy in a police station parking lot and felt so much better when i realized the person I was buying from was also a police officer.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

My vote for "I will buy them" involves a great deal of sarcasm, which may or may not be evident. I am also all about outliers in data and skewing results. Just calculate the Mahalanobis distance and you will see what I mean (statistics nerd!).

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Possible?

Also, please be aware, your social security has been disabled. To re-activate please click on link and provide personal information.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm not liking the response. if its too good to be true. then something is not right. i would not bother in replying back to them. if they 2nd request to the org. response. then reply sorry locally sold. or no longer available. if it continues with reposes, i would report it to cl and or local police. some police station like to receive info of scams to further invesigate or pass it on to a high level.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Seems totally legit. They need the side steps to prepare the Jeep for their daughter's wedding in Moab.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
posted on the CL
This is what tells me its a scam. "Posted on The Craigs List" Who calls it that, except some King from Nigeria or some other clandestine despot. Noone talks like that except someone that's piecing together some ransom note. I vote for the Prince of Nigeria....

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
These stories get me thinking about a business idea called Craigsafe.

You meet at a location with video cameras all over. A third party behind bullet proof gas, Craigsafe authorized, authenticates you each independently and issues you some proof the other party is who they say they are, maybe you even give the goods and money to the Craigsafe person who does the exchange.

Yeah--I know a lot of things on Craigslist wouldn't change hands his way... ;)

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Just play along and send them an address to force them to waste money sending fake checks... I have received them in the past and I forced the lowlife to send the check a couple more times.. it is incredible since the Money Order seems totally legit.. they send you 2 checks with about $2k too much and then they ask for a reimbursement.. I hope they die a painful and slow death

Full Name to issue the check....
Address to overnight check.....
Cell # & the final asking price.....

Confirm the receipt of this email if selling to us and email me back with information needed to mail the payment out ASAP.

Thanks "

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
I
I am selling my Mopar Side Steps (feel free to buy) on Craigslist and got this email from a b
"Thanks for returning my husband message regarding the item, We are ready to purchase it now but i won't be able to meet with you due to my work frame and we are in the process of moving and also preparing for my daughter's wedding, But we are satisfied with the price & condition posted on the CL so everything is good, My husband will proceed to overnight a Cashier/Certified Check to you through FeDex and we will arrange for someone to pick up the item from you after the Check fully clear your bank. Moreso,we will be adding extra $50 to the asking price so that you reserve it for me and my husband. Kindly Email me the following information to overnight the check ..

Confirm the receipt of this email if selling to us and email me back with information needed to mail the payment out ASAP.

Thanks "
I am selling my Mopar Side Steps (feel free to buy) on Craigslist and got this email from a buyer.

My Spidey sense is tingling.

"Thanks for returning my husband message regarding the item, We are ready to purchase it now but i won't be able to meet with you due to my work frame and we are in the process of moving and also preparing for my daughter's wedding, But we are satisfied with the price & condition posted on the CL so everything is good, My husband will proceed to overnight a Cashier/Certified Check to you through FeDex and we will arrange for someone to pick up the item from you after the Check fully clear your bank. Moreso,we will be adding extra $50 to the asking price so that you reserve it for me and my husband. Kindly Email me the following information to overnight the check ..

Thanks "
Looks like a bullshit letter from
Somalia

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The solution is so simple, just ask them to go to their bank, get cash, no need to give you $50 extra. Put it in an envelope, you meet at your local police station “she” takes the money out of the envelope and counts it in front of you, gives you the cash, you give “her” the goods, then you go your separate ways.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
May as well send ‘em your back account # and ss# while your at it. The fact that they’re asking for info from you, the Pidgin English and the offer for extra $$ are all red flags. I’d say cash on delivery, period. If they do actually get back with you arrange a meeting in a very public place. Might even (as suggested) say “ we can meet at the local PD to complete the deal”. I’ll bet dollars to nickels they’d never show..
Sponsored