Sponsored

Positive JL/JLU Observations

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All....I thought I would attempt to start a general positive conversation regarding Jeep JL/JLUs. I know there are many of us supremely pleased with our new rides but as with many online forums the negative/issues bubble to the top of the forum. Don’t get me wrong...there is significant value to those discussions but I don’t want the general viewer or noob to get a bad idea of what these wonderful machines offer. I would request that all members leave a “positive” post regarding their well love JL/JLU here. Hopefully this can get pinned and become a trend to offset some of the frustration and negativity. I of course have my own comments but encourage others to share first
Sponsored

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
Well said!! You can go to a Honda forum and see all the negatives/ issues. With that said, I like my Sky one touch and all the features in my 8.4 Uconnect!!! Not to mention it's a Jeep....

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All....I thought I would attempt to start a general positive conversation regarding Jeep JL/JLUs. I know there are many of us supremely pleased with our new rides but as with many online forums the negative/issues bubble to the top of the forum. Don’t get me wrong...there is significant value to those discussions but I don’t want the general viewer or noob to get a bad idea of what these wonderful machines offer. I would request that all members leave a “positive” post regarding their well love JL/JLU here. Hopefully this can get pinned and become a trend to offset some of the frustration and negativity. I of course have my own comments but encourage others to share first
Great idea... I’m really happy with my rig, I haven’t had any of the issues others have posted about. Granted I’m only into it 3000 miles, but I wheel my rig every weekend, and sometimes one or two days during the week, as I live backed up to a national forest. So far so good. I’ve had a couple small things that I had fixed under warranty, but nothing mechanical or electrical. Had loose leather on driver seat, they replaced it, and I lost an axle dust cover off front axle, cheap 2 pc plastic cover that snaps together. That’s it, nothing major, so I consider myself one of the lucky ones. And I think this is by far the best Jeep I’ve ever owned, I’ve owned 4 over the last 20 years.
:jk: :).

OP
OP
Seanst34

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
9A1DC099-BACE-4E47-BF50-FD2D5653B0F6.jpeg

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
We love ours! It’s not perfect, but sure is a blast to drive off-road.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
At 55 with a teenager and preteen, I do alot of driving I don't want to do. Getting to do it in a Rubicon JLU brings back the excitement of driving again.

Fun to own and drive ... oh, and modify.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
At 55 with a teenager and preteen, I do alot of driving I don't want to do. Getting to do it in a Rubicon JLU brings back the excitement of driving again.

Fun to own and drive ... oh, and modify.
Agreed! I love our Sahara and so far it has been a blast. I find myself looking for reasons to drive somewhere. Some days I will even take a longer way to go home.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
It’s been 2 months and some 5,200 miles since my JLUR was delivered. I have been having a blast with it. It has been perfect and an absolute joy to drive.

Sponsored

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I also have a Tesla Model S, that is a smooth, quiet rocket ship. But my Moab is more fun to drive at 1/2 the speed! Having said that, the tesla is better at high speed freeway driving. But I sure do love the Jeep and look forward to driving it!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I was sad trading in my 17 JK, It never gave me an ounce of trouble. I love open air and did it mostly for the Sky One Touch. People in these very rooms said you won't miss your JK when you drive your new JL. I tip my cap to all of them. My "sadness" lasted 2-3 blocks from the dealership. Wow what a sweet ride and for the fellow manual transmission folks what a difference in the 2 different trans.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Our 5th Jeep. Simply went for a "not buying" test drive just to see what the hype was all about. Was pretty much sold on the exit of the concrete driveway approach. Huge difference in ride from the JK, then add in all of the updated creature comforts. Very happy with the JL.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR