WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Roadglider09

You take the guts out of the factory fob and place the guts into the AJT fob. Doing this is easy although some guys say they think it is difficult to get the battery installed into the AJT fob. I myself have no problem installing the battery in an AJT fob.....

Here is a video from AJT regarding how to their fob offering for the JL:
Does the dead FOB battery start function? The one that you use the fob to push the start button.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
3. The TPMS - if I understand the manual correctly, the system is NOT looking for a difference in tire pressures, it's looking for value below setpoint - which is 36#, on any tire. This setpoint is not adjustable according to the book. So if you run your tires at less than 36#, the alarm triggers.
Also, apparently, if you run any wheel wider than factory, I'm told that the sensor will be too far from the receiver, and the system will alarm. I changed my factory wheels for 17x10 wheels with aftermarket TPMS sensors and yes, the TPMS system will read pressures, but stays in alarm. Given that most Jeepers install larger wheels/tires, it seems weird that Jeep wouldn't take this into account.
I have 17x9 with -12 offset wheels and my TPMS works with no problems. Maybe 17x10 wheels is where the TPMS says f@&% It!

I have a Tazer Mini to address the lower pressures I run on the street.
Sponsored