Sponsored

Portable Air Compressors

texascrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 100-series Landcruiser, 1985 CJ-7
I picked up my new unlimited rubicon yesterday. One of the first mods I do on vehicles typically is to add on-board air so that I can air up/down as needed when offroad. I've got the ARB twin compressor on my current (old) vehicle and really like it.

I'm a little disappointed by the options for mounting an air compressor in the JL. But it got me thinking about picking up one of the portable ARB setups intead of hard mounting one in the jeep. I'm curious if anybody is using either the single or twin portable ARB setups and if so, how do you like it?

https://arbusa.com/air-compressors/portable-air-compressors/
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I mounted mine in a craftsman box. Works pretty darn good.

8CCDBD74-D33D-49ED-8DA3-511752278F46.jpeg

EC235BB5-2B01-412C-8AC5-79F0AE945513.jpeg

A51ACEE1-A9BB-45A8-B707-796AE0B8B35B.jpeg

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I picked up my new unlimited rubicon yesterday. One of the first mods I do on vehicles typically is to add on-board air so that I can air up/down as needed when offroad. I've got the ARB twin compressor on my current (old) vehicle and really like it.

I'm a little disappointed by the options for mounting an air compressor in the JL. But it got me thinking about picking up one of the portable ARB setups intead of hard mounting one in the jeep. I'm curious if anybody is using either the single or twin portable ARB setups and if so, how do you like it?

https://arbusa.com/air-compressors/portable-air-compressors/
I have the ARB twin compressor mounted under the passenger seat using their own (relatively new) mount. This is much better than the other underseat mounts I’ve seen and was worth waiting for.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/arb/twin-air-compressor-mounting-bracket-jeep-wrangler-jl-3550220

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i mean i dont have the ARB compressor but i am using just a portable compressor by ViaAir. got the 400P model good for up to a 35" works great and its much cheaper than the ARB. ive air up to 12 tires in a single run without any issues of shutting down or slowing down. its a great little compressor!

Sponsored

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
ARB seems to be quite popular. I have an ARB single in a portable version. It is acceptable for sure and I rigged the wiring with connectors to come right off the winch instead of having to raise the hood for each use. It gets the job done but not the quickest thing around. If you have a 3.6 under the hood, I suggest you take a look at a York compressor system. A bit spendy but above most contenders for speed and not needing to raise the hood if you place your air line connector in a convenient location. Either in cab or under body placement.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-board-air/york-mini-on-board-air-kit-wrangler-jl-2018-up-3-6l/

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
Hi all,
I have a smittybuilt portable air and it works great for what I need. I can air my 35s from 10 to 40# in about 15 minutes.
Paul

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have a small campbell portable air compressor that fits in the under cargo storage area.

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Do you have pics of the install? Did you mount the air tank as well?

I answered in the other thread for you. No I don’t have the tank, that needs to go under the floor, I’m not too sure what to think about that

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
untill i make a bracket to go under the hood for the arb single
the arb will fit under the hood near the battery.. the single that is

i run around with a viair 88p and im in no rush to make the bracket for the arb lol
thats how much i like this little work horse
its nothing fancy, but i beat the living hell out of the viair it .
its never let me down. it gets hot , i dropped it , drag it all around and it works !!!!!
one thing i dont like is the screw on chuck at the end , i just screwed on a self locking air chuck on and im happy - u can always go back to the screw on if u wish

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
An ARB dual portable in a box would be nice. I have the dual mounted in my JLU using a MORE bracket and really like it. Its out of the way, can breath, stays cool and clean.
If I did a portable ARB dual setup I'd have a harness with a plug somewhere, wheel well or wherever so the hood didn't need to be opened every time.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
An ARB dual portable in a box would be nice. I have the dual mounted in my JLU using a MORE bracket and really like it. Its out of the way, can breath, stays cool and clean.
If I did a portable ARB dual setup I'd have a harness with a plug somewhere, wheel well or wherever so the hood didn't need to be opened every time.
Like this in reverse? I’ve got ideas bouncing around in my head for this.

6433DEE0-BCE5-467B-974A-DFA9FDFD964B.jpeg

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've got several complaints with the kit in Post #6 but I'll say Yorks are amazing. If you run one you'll never want to go back to electric. It's just damn hard to fit one in a JL, thus the clusterfawk of a bracket and "mini" York they're forced into using.
Sponsored