Sponsored

Dometic CFX65W portable fridge

encryption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
New here, I'm waiting to pick up the new JLUR in a few months and use it for Overlanding. I saw the 45L Yeti Cooler thread and wondered if anyone had any experience using a Dometic CFX65W in their rig? I've seen some people squeeze one in their JKs and it took up too much vertical space. Does anyone have experience with this fridge in the JLUR?
Sponsored

tgoss

First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Jeep JLUR
I have the dometic cfx35 in my JK and absolutely love it. Quite honestly it's one of the best things I've done to any of my Jeeps.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Nice fridge..... i like that dometic cfx35 as its small enough to fit under a security deck. How does it do with battery / power consumption?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
That's what we ran in our JL for Easter Jeep Safari in Moab this year. Kept everything cold and performed flawlessly.

It does take up almost half the rear cargo space. But well worth it when it comes to having cold sodas and sandwiches on the trail.

tgoss

First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Jeep JLUR
Nice fridge..... i like that dometic cfx35 as its small enough to fit under a security deck. How does it do with battery / power consumption?
Does really well honestly. I only run a single odyssey battery and I've never had the fridge shut itself off due to low voltage. I keep it running around 37* and when the jeep is parked at home unused I just shut it off and about an hour before I head out I plug it into the wall to pre-cool it (take about 35-40 mins to go from around 75* down to 37* from the house wall socket.) then just plug the 12v back in and it will run all week no problems.
Sponsored