'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring

m(a)ce

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR AEV 2.5/37ā€ KO2s
on the higher end I have an ARB hard mounted in my other truck and itā€™s great. on the more budget friendly side I have a portable Viair that always works. Probably will install an ARB in the JL at some point.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Fuse F37 - 30A
Trailer wiring
This is what I went off of. Its been working great for a few months now. When I upgrade to 37ā€™s I might need to find a new solution.
Most of the aftermarkets seem to be a 20 Amp fuse. I don't know that any of them have the needed gauge for 30 but rewiring could be a DIY mod.

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Rigged up the trailer plug on the ARB portable... seems to work OK, though I only tried it on one tire and a partial air-down and re-up. We'll see what (if anything) happens when I run all four back up some time... but for now it is a tiny accomplishment of convenience. šŸ˜¬

For the time being I kept the battery clips and stuffed them in my misc bag o stuff in the Jeep in case this fries a fuse when I really put it to work on all four tires. I can always splice 'em back on and clip to the battery.

Jeep Wrangler JL Portable Air Compressors 20210518_174620

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Rigged up the trailer plug on the ARB portable... seems to work OK, though I only tried it on one tire and a partial air-down and re-up. We'll see what (if anything) happens when I run all four back up some time... but for now it is a tiny accomplishment of convenience. šŸ˜¬

For the time being I kept the battery clips and stuffed them in my misc bag o stuff in the Jeep in case this fries a fuse when I really put it to work on all four tires. I can always splice 'em back on and clip to the battery.

Jeep Wrangler JL Portable Air Compressors 20210518_174620

Inspired by another forum member here, I also did this with my Viair.

I put a 45A Anderson connector on the end, and the same on the original battery clamps and a tow connector, so I can switch between them as needed, e.g. to use the compressor on another vehicle. It has been very useful.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I use a single ARB compressor and an ACM under hood mount. I connect the hose and the gauge then hit the aux button to turn on the compressor and I'm ready to roll. Super easy and clean install. Also, no compressor running in the vehicle for others to deal with. Mounted the coupler behind the front bumper for easy access. Have had it on the jeep since Feb/2020 with no issues.

Followed the direction of the man that cannot be named.

I also have a smittybuilt portable air compressor that I bring as a spare but have never really liked having to raise the hood to hook up a compressor when needing to air up.

ARB HOSE REINFORCED JIC-04 1M / ARB0740203
ARB HOSE COUPLING DUST CAP / ARB0740113
ARB AIR COMPRESSOR HOSE KIT / ARB171302
ARB REMOTE HOSE COUPLING KIT / ARB171314
ARB DIGITAL TIRE PRESSURE GAUGE / ARB601

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 VW GTI Autobahn
I use a single ARB compressor and an ACM under hood mount. I connect the hose and the gauge then hit the aux button to turn on the compressor and I'm ready to roll. Super easy and clean install. Also, no compressor running in the vehicle for others to deal with. Mounted the coupler behind the front bumper for easy access. Have had it on the jeep since Feb/2020 with no issues.

Followed the direction of the man that cannot be named.

I also have a smittybuilt portable air compressor that I bring as a spare but have never really liked having to raise the hood to hook up a compressor when needing to air up.

ARB HOSE REINFORCED JIC-04 1M / ARB0740203
ARB HOSE COUPLING DUST CAP / ARB0740113
ARB AIR COMPRESSOR HOSE KIT / ARB171302
ARB REMOTE HOSE COUPLING KIT / ARB171314
ARB DIGITAL TIRE PRESSURE GAUGE / ARB601
Ditto.
Great straight forward easy to use setup.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Do you have a parts list of what you use? Trying to save some money, instead of buying portable kit
Unfortunately not. I just found that box at a closing Sears store and had some cheap jumper cables I cut the other end off. Thatā€™s really it.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I've got several complaints with the kit in Post #6 but I'll say Yorks are amazing. If you run one you'll never want to go back to electric. It's just damn hard to fit one in a JL, thus the clusterfawk of a bracket and "mini" York they're forced into using.
I am looking for any information on this York compressor kit as I am interested in it. Do you own this, have you seen one installed. You mentioned the mounting bracket and mini compressor. The bracket looks good to me, any known problems with it? I have experience with the York compressors used in HD trucks (Peterbilt) and can say there is nothing better. Iā€™m very interested to find out info on the mini York pump. I know itā€™s tight in the engine bay, but I have a 2 door so space inside is a premium. Price is also no concern for quality and ease or use.

Sponsored

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Has anyone mounted a dual ARB compressor in a 392? I wonder if there is sufficient room under the Brake Master Cylinder to mount it with one of those brackets.... Any other ideas where to mount it in a 392 ? Many Thanks

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Iā€™ve got mine mounted inside the drivers inner fender under the brake booster using the Grimm off-road mount. I love it.

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
In the FWIW dept... I just picked up an ARB single portable unit and promptly ripped it out of its plastic box. Until I settle on a definite mounting for it, if ever, I will keep it in a stuff sack behind the driver's side seat - it fits nicely there in front of my Goose Gear platform support, and I can move it about if necessary or to another vehicle.

The ARB box is a nice touch if one has room, but in a camping Jeep the way I use mine, the box was too obnoxiously large and rigid. I went with the portable because I can still mount it in various inside places if I wish, and it comes with the hose, etc. I will likely run battery power to a terminal strip for both the compressor and fridge at some point, so the ARB wiring harness was less a draw for me.

In the mean time, I think I will also chop off the battery clamps and use a 7-pin plug to draw off the trailer outlet I have as someone suggested here. Saves opening the hood. (admittedly not a big deal, but mods ModS MODS!!!)
I know this is an old post so Iā€™m hoping I get a reply. Iā€™ve been looking at wiring my portable arb dual to a 7-pin plug also. My concern is about how much power it draws.

does This option work? I donā€™t want to chop the wiring for nothing and then have to rewire it back to stock

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I know this is an old post so Iā€™m hoping I get a reply. Iā€™ve been looking at wiring my portable arb dual to a 7-pin plug also. My concern is about how much power it draws.

does This option work? I donā€™t want to chop the wiring for nothing and then have to rewire it back to stock
I saw viair has the 7-pin plug for like $30

https://www.viaircorp.com/electrical/7-way-power-access
Sponsored