Machined Onyx or Machined Galaxy?

• Total voters

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all,
So I've decided to go with 35" tires. I'd debated putting new tires on the stock rims, but ultimately decided to run 33" snows on the stock wheels and buy AEV Borah wheels for the 35s.

So, looking for some opinions on my 2 finalists. They're both really close, but the devil is in the details, so....

I'm going with the no ring design. (I don't want beadlocks, or simulated beadlock). I also like the machined face. So I'm going to go with the no ring Borah wheels with machined face... Just need to decide on the color.

I've been told that "onyx" is basically granite crystal metallic and "galaxy" matches my black Rubicon JLU.

Thoughts?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/aev/borah-wheel-wrangler-jl/no-ring-machined-onyx-20402041AA

https://www.quadratec.com/p/aev/borah-wheel-wrangler-jl/no-ring-machined-galaxy-20402043AA

WHEELS.png

IMG_0579.jpg
Sponsored

Hitthegopedal

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the galaxy black. Obviously its not a machined wheel like you're looking at, but you can see in my photos it will probably match your JLUR pretty well. It's got flake in it when you look closely, they're not a plain black.

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Check the offset if you are lifted. The JK version has a better fit for many lifts that require lower backspacing. The JL version has more than many lifts will support and you'd have to run spacers. If you are not lifted, nevermind. As to color, I'm more a fan of the onyx.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
The galaxy Borah’s will look awesome on your Jeep. I’m running the JK version mainly because I wanted the spent brass color and I feel they look more aggressive. But you can’t go wrong with either choice.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Hi all,
So I've decided to go with 35" tires. I'd debated putting new tires on the stock rims, but ultimately decided to run 33" snows on the stock wheels and buy AEV Borah wheels for the 35s.

So, looking for some opinions on my 2 finalists. They're both really close, but the devil is in the details, so....

I'm going with the no ring design. (I don't want beadlocks, or simulated beadlock). I also like the machined face. So I'm going to go with the no ring Borah wheels with machined face... Just need to decide on the color.

I've been told that "onyx" is basically granite crystal metallic and "galaxy" matches my black Rubicon JLU.

Thoughts?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/aev/borah-wheel-wrangler-jl/no-ring-machined-onyx-20402041AA

https://www.quadratec.com/p/aev/borah-wheel-wrangler-jl/no-ring-machined-galaxy-20402043AA

WHEELS.png

IMG_0579.jpg
Revisiting this thread. Which wheels did you end up going with?

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, lets see pictures. I really like AEV Borahs and yes they look a lot like my Rubi upgrade wheels, which I like a lot but they are too narrow at 7.5

CU Tiger Paw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Granite Crystal
Hi all,

Thoughts?

WHEELS.png

IMG_0579.jpg

I am debating same thing. What did you go with? Any pics.

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Same here. I want these wheels but there is too much back spacing for my lift kit which sucks. I can't have more than 4.75"

Sponsored

Altahami

First Name
Yunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi
Same here. I want these wheels but there is too much back spacing for my lift kit which sucks. I can't have more than 4.75"
So no lift is better for these wheels?

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Are you building our Jeeps, or yours?

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Why would AEV , who make lifts, sell a wheel that doesn't work on lifted jeeps?
Sponsored