Sponsored

"Performance Limited" Error code

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
In all seriousness, can you link a thread where somebody fixed electrical issues by pushing their fuses in? I've been active on this board for a few years and don't recall one.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...fuses-on-new-jl-deliveries.62520/post-1332814

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rst-gremlin-fuses-were-not-fully-seated.9994/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eering-and-other-inconsistencies-fuses.40368/

Search Google for jlwranglerforums.com fuse fixed problem, jlwranglerforums.com fuse fix, jlwranglerforums.com fuse radio, etc. for many more examples. Fuses donā€™t sound like a fix for the performance limited issue though.

In my case, my display kept going blank. The dealership replaced the display and other parts, same problem. I read a post on this forum, pushed the fuses all the way in and the problem went away. I was surprised because I would of bet that a fuse had to be on the edge of falling out to cause such problems. Maybe the connector that the fuse fits into isnā€™t making full contact unless the fuse is 100% seated all the way?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Wonder if itā€™s a cold weather/winter fuels mix dealio? Was 64f today on the trails today. My 2022 2.0L auto hit 800 miles and no messages here.

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
UPDATE: So, It's happened twice since taking it to the dealer, which of course they couldn't replicate. They ran every possible test on the fuel system that they could think of and everything came back normal...no codes stored, no record of this pop-up existing. They aren't dismissing the problem, however, and have tapped FCA engineering...but nobody seems to know what it means.

I can't get a picture of it which is driving me crazy.... @hiimmike I'd use your pic, but mine is an auto! šŸ˜‚ (So if anyone with an auto gets a pic, let me know)

At the very least, I feel less crazy now that it's popping up on other people too

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
UPDATE: So, It's happened twice since taking it to the dealer, which of course they couldn't replicate. They ran every possible test on the fuel system that they could think of and everything came back normal...no codes stored, no record of this pop-up existing. They aren't dismissing the problem, however, and have tapped FCA engineering...but nobody seems to know what it means.

I can't get a picture of it which is driving me crazy.... @hiimmike I'd use your pic, but mine is an auto! šŸ˜‚ (So if anyone with an auto gets a pic, let me know)

At the very least, I feel less crazy now that it's popping up on other people too
Automatic transmission? Mine is too.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I made the same message appear today for the first time.

I have a 2022. Auto. 2.0 turbo at 900 miles. I have been in 2hi, 4hi, 4Lo in sand and rocks. Jeep had no issues at any time in 13 days of use.

Today, I was driving 40mph and wondered what gear I was in. Flip the trans to manual now Iā€™m in M6 gear.

Up shift to M7 speed about 39mph now.

Step on gas all the way and Jeep goes nowhere. Loss of power, no acceleration, no change in rpm. Message ā€œperformance limited service fuel systemā€ appears.

Pop trans back to auto, Jeep works just fine. Message disappeared as soon as I stopped asking Jeep to accelerate in M7 going 39mph. Either when I let off the gas or when trans back to auto, canā€™t recall.

Didnā€™t bother repeating the evolution.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
This is definitely not a one off.... @JeepCares any investigations or help??

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I also posted on the wranglerforum.com and @JeepCares replied to me there. I've started a private message with them and I'll update all you folks here! just wanted to give everyone a heads up and let you know Jeep folks know about the issue we're having. :)

PghBob13

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I also posted on the wranglerforum.com and @JeepCares replied to me there. I've started a private message with them and I'll update all you folks here! just wanted to give everyone a heads up and let you know Jeep folks know about the issue we're having. :)
I responded to you on the other forum too. But a little more info, I got this message at 630 miles after an acceleration and let my foot off the gas pedal. I was not in manual mode. Message stayed up long enough to read it and I have not been able to replicate it.

Also, for those mentioning gas, I run top-tier 93 octane gas which meets FCAs recommendation. So I donā€™t think itā€™s a fuel type issue.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Iā€™m in a conversation with JeepCares. They have so far just asked if my dealer knows about it, I told them I told the dealer and they said theyā€™ve never heard of this message. I will definitely keep you all updated.

Sponsored

PerfectDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Just wanted to add to this discussion. I have an automatic 2.0L 2022 JLUR. Picked it up only a few weeks ago after factory ordering from a dealership. It has around 700 miles on it now, it had 8 when I picked it up. Filled it up twice so far. Both times were 87 octane and at very different gas stations. I don't know what the dealership filled it with when I picked it up but they are an entire state away so safe to assume it was also a different gas station. I last filled it a week ago and am down to about a quarter of a tank now.

Drove it around today. Made numerous stops. Even washed it because it is salty in Northwest Indiana. Weather was clear, sunny, warmer day in the 40's, with lots of melting snow in the area. At one point in my driving (maybe 2 hours?), I was coasting down a route that is about 45 MPH. I pulled up to a stop light and before ESS kicked on, for what was probably half a second, I caught a glimpse of that same error message (posted somewhere above) in the cluster, "Performance Limited Service Fuel System." It stayed on long enough for me to barely read it. At that stop light, the message disappeared, ESS kicked on, Jeep shut off (like normal), and started up again like normal once the light was green. After that, drove it around some more, more stops, never came back. First time seeing it and I can't say I noticed any performance issues though I am rather gentle with it to minimize fuel consumption on normal roads. No other error messages or cautions or warnings popped up. Just that message for a fraction of a second in the cluster.

One thing to note though, as another user on here mentioned regarding the manual mode option selection, two minutes prior to seeing that message, I was stopped at another red light. Right before I arrived to that light, I had to reverse and accidentally put my Jeep from automatic into manual transmission. Was in it for a few seconds and I popped it back to drive and continued on. No issues in that moment but if somehow manual mode is related, this is the only time I've both selected manual mode and had that error message occur. Could have been a coincidence but the timing between the two events is rather close to one another . At one of my stops, I took the time to google the issue and came across this thread. When I read that manual mode is possibly related, after returning to my Jeep, I put it in manual while in the parking lot but the error message never returned for the remainder of my drive around (another few hours).

I will continue to monitor it and if it does come back again, I'll be bringing it to the dealership as well. Just wanted others to know that this error message isn't as uncommon as it may seem. @JeepCares

Last edited:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So, my JLU...that has a whopping 1044 miles on it has been getting a dash pop-up that says "performance limited service fuel system." The dealer claims they've never seen that...I can't find any info about it online...and I'm starting to think it's a reoccurring fever dream at this point.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?
So, this may sound nuts, but my Accord threw a code a few years ago re: the fuel system. Turned out some spiders had nested in the evap system near the gas tank/fuel filler line. It is a very common problem that costs people hundreds of dollars, but actually just requires you to open the evap sensor and clean out the spider nests/bodies. I don't know the process on a JL, but on my Honda it took about 15 minutes and cost $0.
If your Jeep sat for a bit prior to delivery, it could be worth checking out. These spiders are attracted to the scent of gas.

After reading through all of the posts, this probably isn't the issue, but hey, it is a cool bit of trivia that nearly no one is aware of.

Last edited:

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
So, this may sound nuts, but my Accord threw a code a few years ago re: the fuel system. Turned out some spiders had nested in the evap system near the gas tank/fuel filler line. It is a very common problem that costs people hundreds of dollars, but actually just requires you to open the evap sensor and clean out the spider nests/bodies. I don't know the process on a JL, but on my Honda it took about 15 minutes and cost $0.
If your Jeep sat for a bit prior to delivery, it could be worth checking out. These spiders are attracted to the scent of gas.
Uhhhhā€¦. Iā€™m allergic to spidersā€¦ Iā€™m not scared of them, Iā€™m allergicā€¦ yeahā€¦.. šŸ˜³

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just wanted to add to this discussion. I have an automatic 2.0L 2022 JLUR. Picked it up only a few weeks ago after factory ordering from a dealership. It has around 700 miles on it now, it had 8 when I picked it up. Filled it up twice so far. Both times were 87 octane and at very different gas stations. I don't know what the dealership filled it with when I picked it up but they are an entire state away so safe to assume it was also a different gas station. I last filled it a week ago and am down to about a quarter of a tank now.

Drove it around today. Made numerous stops. Even washed it because it is salty in Northwest Indiana. Weather was clear, sunny, warmer day in the 40's, with lots of melting snow in the area. At one point in my driving (maybe 2 hours?), I was coasting down a route that is about 45 MPH. I pulled up to a stop light and before ESS kicked on, for what was probably half a second, I caught a glimpse of that same error message (posted somewhere above) in the cluster, "Performance Limited Service Fuel System." It stayed on long enough for me to barely read it. At that stop light, the message disappeared, ESS kicked on, car shut off (like normal), and started up again like normal once the light was green. After that, drove it around some more, more stops, never came back. First time seeing it and I can't say I noticed any performance issues though I am rather gentle with it to minimize fuel consumption on normal roads. No other error messages or cautions or warnings popped up. Just that message for a fraction of a second in the cluster.

One thing to note though, as another user on here mentioned regarding the manual mode option selection, two minutes prior to seeing that message, I was stopped at another red light. Right before I arrived to that light, I had to reverse and accidentally put my car from automatic into manual transmission. Was in it for a few seconds and I popped it back to drive and continued on. No issues in that moment but if somehow manual mode is related, this is the only time I've both selected manual mode and had that error message occur. Could have been a coincidence but the timing between the two events is rather close to one another . At one of my stops, I took the time to google the issue and came across this thread. When I read that manual mode is possibly related, after returning to my car, I put it in manual while in the parking lot but the error message never returned for the remainder of my drive around (another few hours).

I will continue to monitor it and if it does come back again, I'll be bringing it to the dealership as well. Just wanted others to know that this error message isn't as uncommon as it may seem. @JeepCares
Thanks for tagging us here. If you want to discuss your situation with us further, send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thanks for tagging us here. If you want to discuss your situation with us further, send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hi Kate! You're awesome!!! Thanks for helping us here and on the wranglerforums.com site as well, you and I are working together on that one.

Kate is awesome!
Sponsored