First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Those having this issue: it appears it is random for if/when the error message pops up and not necessarily tied to driving conditions. Curious, if anyone has gone to WOT, or hard acceleration, from a complete stop? How did Jeep behave? Did it accelerate hard without any hiccups? Any "Performance Limited" errors in this situation?
I haven't yet from a dead stop. Let me tell you about my experience coming home from Moab last week. I was on I-70 headed East and they were metering traffic at the enterance to the Eisenhower tunnel (those of you from CO know what I'm talking about). Four lanes wide with stop lights at the enterance to the tunnel which is two lanes wide. Miles of traffic behind me at dead stop waiting to get to the top and take their turn. I get to the front, the light for me turns green, I hit the gas, I don't go anywhere. About 5-6 seconds the Jeep went nowhere. It was long enough for me to freak out and think, "crap, I have miles of cars behind me, I'm sitting uphill, and the Jeep doesn't want to move. Thankfully, it finally started VERY SLOWLY rolling forward and then going. I would say the performance was limited there for sure. I did not get the error message though. I had enough time to look down and also make sure the automatic trans was in the appropriate gear, I was in 1st.
Sponsored

Mhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I haven't yet from a dead stop. Let me tell you about my experience coming home from Moab last week. I was on I-70 headed East and they were metering traffic at the enterance to the Eisenhower tunnel (those of you from CO know what I'm talking about). Four lanes wide with stop lights at the enterance to the tunnel which is two lanes wide. Miles of traffic behind me at dead stop waiting to get to the top and take their turn. I get to the front, the light for me turns green, I hit the gas, I don't go anywhere. About 5-6 seconds the Jeep went nowhere. It was long enough for me to freak out and think, "crap, I have miles of cars behind me, I'm sitting uphill, and the Jeep doesn't want to move. Thankfully, it finally started VERY SLOWLY rolling forward and then going. I would say the performance was limited there for sure. I did not get the error message though. I had enough time to look down and also make sure the automatic trans was in the appropriate gear, I was in 1st.
Sounds like a legitimate safety concern. Jeep needs to get this figured out ASAP. Since this issue didn't occur in previous year 2.0Ts, one could assume this may just be a matter of a programming update that needs pushed out. That is, assuming FCA did not make any mechanical changes to the engine itself for 2022. I was hoping bugs would be worked out by the 2022 model year....

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Honestly, at this point, every single person who has had this happen needs to open a claim with Jeep Wave- just to make them aware. The more people who report it the more likely they are to figure it the heck out.
Not to mention to NHTSA, as this is clearly a safety issue:

NHTSA: Report a Safety Problem

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
My Jeep is done. I’m going to pick it up today, not sure what they did if anything. Updates to come!

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I just got off the phone with the service department at Fort Collins Jeep in Fort Collins Colorado. They had to order a part to resolve the "Performand Limited" message. They ordered the electronic sway bar disconnect and a new front sway bar.

I said, "That doesn't make sense, what does the sway bar have to do with the fuel system?"

His reply was, "you have to understand how these things work, if the car thinks the sway bar is disconnected, it will limit your performance, it won't give you full throttle."

I laughed and said, "okay, I'll be in to pick it up today"

I'm not going to talk trash about them now, maybe this fixes it. My first instinct is it will not. If it does NOT fix it, I will be in there calling them idiots and raising hell because that makes ZERO sense. So, apparently, only the 2.0 motors have sway bar disconnect issues and it shows up to tell you to service the fuel system.....

Sponsored

AMB

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLR
I wanted to add to my experience with this issue.

Not sure if the two are related, but in addition to the 'Performance Limited' message, my check engine light came on yesterday as well and has persisted since. I have an appointment scheduled for the 23rd and will share whatever update I get.

In 5 years and 70k miles with my Volvo, I did not have a single issue other than scheduled maintenance and tire damage from those (admittedly awful) low-profile tires. Pretty disappointing. Not off to a great start here Jeep...

Mhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I just got off the phone with the service department at Fort Collins Jeep in Fort Collins Colorado. They had to order a part to resolve the "Performand Limited" message. They ordered the electronic sway bar disconnect and a new front sway bar.

I said, "That doesn't make sense, what does the sway bar have to do with the fuel system?"

His reply was, "you have to understand how these things work, if the car thinks the sway bar is disconnected, it will limit your performance, it won't give you full throttle."

I'm not going to talk trash about them now, maybe this fixes it. My first instinct is it will not. If it does NOT fix it, I will be in there calling them idiots and raising hell because that makes ZERO sense. So, apparently, only the 2.0 motors have sway bar disconnect issues and it shows up to tell you to service the fuel system.....

Yeah, that sounds like a load of gibberish. Are the parts already installed, or are you waiting on the parts to come in? I find it unlikely this will fix it as well. Interested to follow along and see. I'm expecting to have my 2022 2.0 in the next couple weeks.

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude

Well can you dealership explain how I'm getting the exact same message and I don't have electronic sway bar disconnects.....Cuz, ya know....not a Rubi

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Well can you dealership explain how I'm getting the exact same message and I don't have electronic sway bar disconnects.....Cuz, ya know....not a Rubi
oooo thank you!!!! That's good to know. I will tell them that when I pick it up.

Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Yup, the dealer said they found nothing. Jeep/FCA hasn’t called me like they were supposed to. Junk.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

mksalvini

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Firecracker Red Sahara
This happened to me today after a hard acceleration. Message popped up and cleared about 10 seconds later. JLU Sahara 2.0T I have 980 miles on it

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
*** UPDATE 3/9/22-
Called Jeep Cares and my case manager, Ron, is out of the office. I explained to him I believe we need to get an engineer involved and that the service advisor at Fort Collins Jeep is confident that replacing the electronic sway bar disconnect in the Rubicon will resolve the problem. I asked how non-Rubicon owners with the 2L motor are getting the same message. I am expecting to receive a contact from Ron at Jeep Cares by the end of the week.

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
I have 1,200 miles on my Willys 2.0 turbo and always run premium. Yesterday it flashed the " Performance Limited Service Fuel System" message then it went away quickly. I was on the exit ramp from the highway decelerating . After the message disappeared I jumped on the throttle and it responded normally . The day before I bought fuel from a station where I don't usual go so maybe that is it. I also pushed in all the fuses as others suggested and there at least 6 fuses that went click so they weren't fully seated. So far the message has only appeared once.
Sponsored

Last edited: