Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Today, I was driving 40mph and wondered what gear I was in. Flip the trans to manual now I’m in M6 gear.
By the way, if you want to keep that information on-screen, there is a setting in the dash menus (accessed using your steering wheel controls) which allows you to permanently leave the gear indicator on when driving an automatic vehicle.
Sponsored

ahariton

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited
I've had the exact same issue. Brand new 2022 2.0L Turbo Automatic.

Got the Performance Limited Service Fuel System pop-up message the day I drove the Jeep home. It's happened another 3-4 times since. Currently had 450 miles on it.

Took it to the dealer and got the same answer as others here: they've never heard of it and didn't get any error codes.

FYI @JeepCares

Andy

Mhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
This appears like it may be a common problem for the 2022, 2.0 automatics. Following, as I have a 22 2.0 auto coming myself in the next couple weeks.... Please keep us posted!

SargeDeputy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just happened to me for the first time 2022 JLUR 2.0 auto. Popped up at 1620 miles.

jdecosta

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Just happened to our 2022 Rubicon today with 520 miles. Screen error stayed on for about 10 seconds. Other details include rainy day, ⅓ tank of gas making a right turn.

Sponsored

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
Just happened to our 2022 Rubicon today with 520 miles. Screen error stayed on for about 10 seconds. Other details include rainy day, ⅓ tank of gas making a right turn.
2.0 Engine?

tpaxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, JLR
+1
Rubi 2.0 picked up Friday. Got the message today at 163 miles on my first real acceleration between traffic lights. As soon as I stopped at the next light I got the popup.
It had the crap fuel from the factory, although others got it with good fuel, so it may not be relevant.

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
Honestly, at this point, every single person who has had this happen needs to open a claim with Jeep Wave- just to make them aware. The more people who report it the more likely they are to figure it the heck out.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
FCA is aware. They know about this thread and the thread I opened on Wrangler forum.com. I have my appointment at the dealer next week Tuesday.

Sponsored

AMB

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLR
I've been having the same issue here as well. 2022 Rubicon 2 door 2.0L automatic

The message has popped up twice, both times while heading down the same mountain pass that descends from just under 11,000 feet to about 7,000 feet. Both times it popped up when I shifted into the 'auto-manual' mode while engine braking going down the pass. The first time I saw it, it disappeared after hitting the "OK" button on the steering wheel. The second time, I snapped a photo and didn't hit the button the whole way down the pass but as soon as I shifted back into automatic drive, the message disappeared. I wasn't really accelerating either time so I can't say whether or not performance was actually limited at all
Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code Warning.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code Accessory Gauges.JPG

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've been having the same issue here as well. 2022 Rubicon 2 door 2.0L automatic

The message has popped up twice, both times while heading down the same mountain pass that descends from just under 11,000 feet to about 7,000 feet. Both times it popped up when I shifted into the 'auto-manual' mode while engine braking going down the pass. The first time I saw it, it disappeared after hitting the "OK" button on the steering wheel. The second time, I snapped a photo and didn't hit the button the whole way down the pass but as soon as I shifted back into automatic drive, the message disappeared. I wasn't really accelerating either time so I can't say whether or not performance was actually limited at all

Hey there! If you plan to visit a dealer for your concerns and need an extra layer of support, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'll give you all an update. I took my Jeep in this morning and the service advisor recommended that I stop using 91 octane fuel and start using 85 octane. He said they've been seeing a lot of limited performance with the 91 octane on the 2.0 engine and the engines making weird noises and I should NOT be using 91 octane in that engine. That is the complete opposite of what the manual says so I hope the right hand can start talking to the left.

Jeep is at the dealer and that's the only update I wanted to share so far.

PghBob13

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I'll give you all an update. I took my Jeep in this morning and the service advisor recommended that I stop using 91 octane fuel and start using 85 octane. He said they've been seeing a lot of limited performance with the 91 octane on the 2.0 engine and the engines making weird noises and I should NOT be using 91 octane in that engine. That is the complete opposite of what the manual says so I hope the right hand can start talking to the left.

Jeep is at the dealer and that's the only update I wanted to share so far.
That seems counter-intuitive lol

thanks for the update. I have been running 93 and haven’t seen the message again.

Mhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Those having this issue: it appears it is random for if/when the error message pops up and not necessarily tied to driving conditions. Curious, if anyone has gone to WOT, or hard acceleration, from a complete stop? How did Jeep behave? Did it accelerate hard without any hiccups? Any "Performance Limited" errors in this situation?
Sponsored