Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
Did you check all the fuses in the fuse box when you took delivery of the Jeep? Might want to make sure they're all fully seated; it seems several folks have had issues with new Jeeps not having fully seated fuses.
Yes. Yes, I did.
Sponsored

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Its not on her to check the fuses. She needs to drop the thing off at the dealer and not pick it up until they fix it.
Yeah, solid advice, right there. That way she can pay for a vehicle she can't drive for 6 months waiting for her local dealer's servicetards to find a problem someone with an IQ above room temperature could have figured out in 15 minutes.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, sounds like clutch overheating.

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
Yeah, solid advice, right there. That way she can pay for a vehicle she can't drive for 6 months waiting for her local dealer's servicetards to find a problem someone with an IQ above room temperature could have figured out in 15 minutes.
See, maybe I was raised different but I was always taught that fuse checks were something that you should not only do when buying a new vehicle, but also on a semi-regular basis since fuses can loosen or terminal damage can happen over time.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
So, my JLU...that has a whopping 1044 miles on it has been getting a dash pop-up that says "performance limited service fuel system." The dealer claims they've never seen that...I can't find any info about it online...and I'm starting to think it's a reoccurring fever dream at this point.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?
What’s the ambient temperature swings in your neck of the woods?

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Central Ohio, so +-10° on the high, 20 on the low.
It’s possible some fuel quality issues and /or ethanol percentages, coupled with some cold temperatures, could possibly be a source of that intermittent message you’re receiving.

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
It’s possible some fuel quality issues and /or ethanol percentages, coupled with some cold temperatures, could possibly be a source of that intermittent message you’re receiving.
See, my only problem with that theory is that the fuel from both the dealership and my gas stations would have all had to have been poor quality. First message showed up with >100 miles on it...but I saw the blip and didn't catch exactly what it said, but informed my dealer that night. Next time it happened was after I topped it off from half full at my local gas station. 3rd and 4th time was after I ran that tank completely out and filled up at a different gas station 2 weeks later.

I really, really wanted it to be a crap fuel load that would get washed out....but that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
See, maybe I was raised different but I was always taught that fuse checks were something that you should not only do when buying a new vehicle, but also on a semi-regular basis since fuses can loosen or terminal damage can happen over time.
And you were raised correctly.

I was referencing the suggestion that you leave this in the hands of your dealership, a group of people that - as a general rule - couldn't find their own assholes with both hands, a mirror and a flashlight.

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
And you were raised correctly.

I was referencing the suggestion that you leave this in the hands of your dealership, a group of people that - as a general rule - couldn't find their own assholes with both hands, a mirror and a flashlight.
Fair enough. I do apologize, I wasn't trying to go off at you...I just get frustrated with the knuckleheads that throw around the "did you plug it in first?" kind of stuff.

Sadly I think the dealership is my only option because I've wracked my brain trying to figure out if it was a K.I.S.S. issue.

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
See, my only problem with that theory is that the fuel from both the dealership and my gas stations would have all had to have been poor quality. First message showed up with >100 miles on it...but I saw the blip and didn't catch exactly what it said, but informed my dealer that night. Next time it happened was after I topped it off from half full at my local gas station. 3rd and 4th time was after I ran that tank completely out and filled up at a different gas station 2 weeks later.

I really, really wanted it to be a crap fuel load that would get washed out....but that just doesn't seem to be the case.
How close is your selling dealer.....particularly to the Sheetz?

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Its not on her to check the fuses. She needs to drop the thing off at the dealer and not pick it up until they fix it.
Yeah, but considering it takes 5 minutes to check the fuses, why the hell would she drop it at the dealer and be without her vehicle for probably a week?

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who has fixed anything by pushing fuses that are making perfectly good contact down a bit further.

Your hatred of your fellow man is showing through here pretty strongly.
But you can easily find quite a few people that have fixed something by pushing fuses that aren’t making perfectly good contact down a bit further. Especially because it’s a known issue with Wranglers.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Like 8 miles. Could it really be the same load over like 3 weeks though?
Well......it could be the same blend [winter] over any given period of time....
Sponsored