"Performance Limited" Error code

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
So, my JLU...that has a whopping 1044 miles on it has been getting a dash pop-up that says "performance limited service fuel system." The dealer claims they've never seen that...I can't find any info about it online...and I'm starting to think it's a reoccurring fever dream at this point.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?
Sponsored

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
Are you buying gas from a place that sells those toxic tree air fresheners? May wish to try changing gas stations or upping the octane for a while.

Sounds like this may need to be cleaned. Are you idling rough?

https://haynes.com/en-us/tips-tutorials/what-is-car-throttle-body-and-what-does-it-do
We get our gas at Sheetz. But i really dont think its the gas...I've had to do one half and one full fill up since I got it and the error presented before I ever touched a gas nozzle to the car

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Did you check all the fuses in the fuse box when you took delivery of the Jeep? Might want to make sure they're all fully seated; it seems several folks have had issues with new Jeeps not having fully seated fuses.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
The only thing that I can offer Krista is to check the gas cap. Turn it at least 180 degrees.

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
These are ridiculous suggestions. Something is wrong with your Jeep. Most likely an electrical fault.
Which engine?
How is checking the fuses a ridiculous suggestion, particularly in the case of your theory that it is an electrical fault?

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Automatic or Manual transmission? Isn't that the message that comes up on Manuals now after the recent recall, when clutch temps get too high?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How is checking the fuses a ridiculous suggestion, particularly in the case of your theory that it is an electrical fault?
Its not on her to check the fuses. She needs to drop the thing off at the dealer and not pick it up until they fix it.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Its not on her to check the fuses. She needs to drop the thing off at the dealer and not pick it up until they fix it.
Ah yes. Pass the buck on to a high-school kid on an apprentice program to solve all the worlds problems before taking roughly 45 seconds to pop the hood and look at the fuse box first. Far less ridiculous.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Ah yes. Pass the buck on to a high-school kid on an apprentice program to solve all the worlds problems before taking roughly 45 seconds to pop the hood and look at the fuse box first. Far less ridiculous.
You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who has fixed anything by pushing fuses that are making perfectly good contact down a bit further.

Your hatred of your fellow man is showing through here pretty strongly.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So, my JLU...that has a whopping 1044 miles on it has been getting a dash pop-up that says "performance limited service fuel system." The dealer claims they've never seen that...I can't find any info about it online...and I'm starting to think it's a reoccurring fever dream at this point.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?
Does this message intermittently show up or is it always showing? And is that the exact wording? Can you take a picture of the message on the dash and post it?

OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
Thank you for not taking the "dumb girl" attitude....It gets old.

Engine is the 2.0LT, so definitely, 1000% NOT manual.

I have an appt with the dealership, but nobody could get it in for 2 weeks. Luckily it doesn't seem to be causing an actual performance issue when it pops up, though my gas mileage is definitely sitting lower than it should. I was really just looking to see if anyone else had the issue to try and gain some insight to what it could potentially be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sirikta

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
Does this message intermittently show up or is it always showing? And is that the exact wording? Can you take a picture of the message on the dash and post it?
Intermittent...and thise are the exact words. I also can't seem to find and consistency to it. Unfortunately we haven't been able to snap a picture...it shows up for a few seconds and then disappears. No codes stored either...it's so weird.
Sponsored