Sponsored

Check your fuses on new JL deliveries!

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

It appears that there has been more than a few gremlins caused by fuses that are not set correctly from the factory. I kept reading about it and finally decided to go check mine this afternoon. For reference, I took delivery of the 2021 JLUR that I special ordered on 11/18/21 and it has not had any electrical issues. WOW!!! is all I can say!!! Nearly all of them were loose, including the bigger ones. I could not believe it, a few of them were so loose that I can't understand how there were still hanging in place. When you pushed them down, you could hear a click on most of them and they felt much more secure. I checked my SRT and all of the fuses on that vehicle are rock solid like you would expect. After that, I walked down to my neighbors house, he took delivery of a JL Sport in September and we opened up his hood, guess what? Same thing, he did not have as many loose as I did, but still a surprising amount were not pressed in all way.

Jeep needs to fix this at the factory and have service techs run around the lots to press these in.
Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
It appears that there has been more than a few gremlins caused by fuses that are not set correctly from the factory. I kept reading about it and finally decided to go check mine this afternoon. For reference, I took delivery of the 2021 JLUR that I special ordered on 11/18/21 and it has not had any electrical issues. WOW!!! is all I can say!!! Nearly all of them were loose, including the bigger ones. I could not believe it, a few of them were so loose that I can't understand how there were still hanging in place. When you pushed them down, you could hear a click on most of them and they felt much more secure. I checked my SRT and all of the fuses on that vehicle are rock solid like you would expect. After that, I walked down to my neighbors house, he took delivery of a JL Sport in September and we opened up his hood, guess what? Same thing, he did not have as many loose as I did, but still a surprising amount were not pressed in all way.

Jeep needs to fix this at the factory and have service techs run around the lots to press these in.

I just did this on my wife's 2019 Sahara this past weekend and was shocked at how loose the fuses were. She has had some chronic bluetooth disconnecting and stereo reset issues. Recently she couldn't use apple CarPlay either. I reseated the fuses and it immediately seemed to fix all of her problems at least none have resurfaced over the past few days.
I will definitely check them on my 2021 Rubi when it gets to my dealer

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thanks for the head's up!

Checked my 2 month old 2021 JLU, and virtually every.fuse and relay went in with a satisfying "click" when I pressed down on them.

Haven't had any issues but hopefully this will prevent any future ones.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
While installing a set of redline hood struts on my 2019, I remembered that Iā€™ve read about the fuse issue here on the forum, so I decided to open up the fuse box and check.

Every
One
of
Them
Were
Loose.

I havenā€˜t experienced any issues, however I wish I would have checked these the day I picked up my Jeep.

If you havenā€™t by now, I strongly recommend making sure your fuses (especially the large ones) are fully seated.

2020 has been a hell of a year...

Sponsored

Flyn G

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2021 Subaru WRX
Occupation
DFJ Pilot
Iā€™m still on order. Definitely plan to check the fuses on delivery. But Iā€™m wondering, has it been determined that the fuses are staying seating to start with?

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Iā€™m still on order. Definitely plan to check the fuses on delivery. But Iā€™m wondering, has it been determined that the fuses are staying seating to start with?
Iā€™ve rechecked mine a couple of times and they have stayed tight.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Yeah just did this on my two-week old JLU over this past weekend...lots of loose fuses, though none seemed loose enough to be a problem.

Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
After reading about this on here a while back, I checked mine and quite a few were loose or not fully seated. The fit in the panel seems a bit sloppy.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to this forum I knew to check before I even took delivery over a year ago. Yup, many were loose.

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Just checked mine and a friends at work after reading this (both 2021's)....had over 3/4's of the fuses were un seated...clicked them into place...including the larger fuses

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I still haven't gotten around to looking at mine, and I have an early '18 lol

No issues yet, but I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this. Oh well, I really should check anyway.
Sponsored