Sponsored

Packages/Options that cannot be added later!! What are they??

wrangler005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUS 4xe
Deciding between a Sport and Sahara is easy. What are your must have options? There are some options only available on the Sahara or Rubicon. You have to buy a Sahara if you definitely want the 8.4" with Alpine. Same with the Proximity locks. Definitely get the proximity locks if you go with the Sahara. It's the one option a lot of people regret not ordering and it's almost impossible to add later. I would also get the tow package with the AUX-switches factory wired in. Plus it includes a heavy-duty alternator which is a must-have if you go with a 3.6 ESS. It's a lot more expensive if you have to do it afterwards and have dealer flash it. I'd get the 8.4" screen and LEDs also. You will use the LEDs, Proximity locks, 8.4" w/ Alpine every single time you get in to your Wrangler. I highly recommend those options.

Totally forgot..Order the Selec-Trak if you go Sahara. It's exclusive to the Sahara. If not, definitely get the limited-slip.

I'd get the cold weather package also depending on where you live.

I have safety group in my Jeep (Blind spot monitor, park sense). Do you know If I can add advanced safety group (forward collision brake assist, ACC) now?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Anything electrical is a major PIA to add later.

I guess a better question is, what is not a PIA to add later?

The list is not long.

Bumpers, rails, soft-top, wheel/tires and most of the exterior / cosmetic stuff.

Moral of the story, order the Jeep with the all the options you wanted. You will end up paying double if not triple the price to add it later, not counting the time spent.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have safety group in my Jeep (Blind spot monitor, park sense). Do you know If I can add advanced safety group (forward collision brake assist, ACC) now?
I think that would be fairly difficult if not impossible. There would be liability issues also.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything electrical is a major PIA to add later.

I guess a better question is, what is not a PIA to add later?

The list is not long.

Bumpers, rails, soft-top, wheel/tires and most of the exterior / cosmetic stuff.

Moral of the story, order the Jeep with the all the options you wanted. You will end up paying double if not triple the price to add it later, not counting the time spent.
I agree. Think long and hard before ordering. Then order what you want. Consider stretching the budget if needed. If budget is a issue maybe save a little longer.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Packages/Options that cannot be added later. What are they?? About to put in order and want to know what options I can do without and add later as needed. What are some of your requirements on ordering??
Generally speaking whenever I do a Factory Order with a customer we go over all the options together to be sure it fits your needs. The list of things you can add later is much smaller. Most optional features can either not be added later or would cost much more. Generally the easy stuff to add after order are side steps, different top, hardtop headliner, different mats. Things like that.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Deciding between a Sport and Sahara is easy. What are your must have options? There are some options only available on the Sahara or Rubicon. You have to buy a Sahara if you definitely want the 8.4" with Alpine. Same with the Proximity locks. Definitely get the proximity locks if you go with the Sahara. It's the one option a lot of people regret not ordering and it's almost impossible to add later. I would also get the tow package with the AUX-switches factory wired in. Plus it includes a heavy-duty alternator which is a must-have if you go with a 3.6 ESS. It's a lot more expensive if you have to do it afterwards and have dealer flash it. I'd get the 8.4" screen and LEDs also. You will use the LEDs, Proximity locks, 8.4" w/ Alpine every single time you get in to your Wrangler. I highly recommend those options.

Totally forgot..Order the Selec-Trak if you go Sahara. It's exclusive to the Sahara. If not, definitely get the limited-slip.

I'd get the cold weather package also depending on where you live.
All true. But I would say Selec-Trak is also based on where you live. It's really useful if you are in mixed weather conditions.

LOL. People shouldn't ask this question. They end up pricing out a loaded Sahara. Then it is only a couple more thousand for the Rubicon...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All true. But I would say Selec-Trak is also based on where you live. It's really useful if you are in mixed weather conditions.

LOL. People shouldn't ask this question. They end up pricing out a loaded Sahara. Then it is only a couple more thousand for the Rubicon...
I have to admit, it's fun spending other people's money. lol
Sponsored