Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
So . . . I CANNOT option LED lighting on the Sport???!!!!
Sponsored

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
2018 JL Sport:
  • Cold Weather Group
    • Engine Block Heater
    • Remote Start System
    • Heated Steering Wheel
    • Heated Front Seats
When I build a Jeep online right now the cold weather group adds larger tires - can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It's common in other manufacturers (gravitate more towards luxury cars here though) not to offer the LED lighting options on the base trim. I think that's what FCA is following here. Annoying for sure.

Then again, standard equipment list suggests the Sahara and Rubicon do not come with headlamps at all, but the sport comes with halogens. My guess here is that the LED lighting group option may include stronger head lamps than stock? Perhaps Sahara and Rubicon get LED lights, but they're just not as bright as the LED package... no idea.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Then again, standard equipment list suggests the Sahara and Rubicon do not come with headlamps at all, but the sport comes with halogens. My guess here is that the LED lighting group option may include stronger head lamps than stock? Perhaps Sahara and Rubicon get LED lights, but they're just not as bright as the LED package... no idea.
Yea I noticed this to, so why pay for LED lighting if its standard. I don't think they can offer underpowered headlights from a DOT perspective, so my guess is maybe the standard equipment page is wrong.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I noticed this to, so why pay for LED lighting if its standard. I don't think they can offer underpowered headlights from a DOT perspective, so my guess is maybe the standard equipment page is wrong.
Could be. I wasn't suggesting that they would be offering under powered lights, but rather that the LED option was over powered.

Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
How much was that option on the JK? I skipped it, but if it is reasonable, I might add it.
I think it’s a $500 option. I initially skipped it too but my dealer really recommended it saying it would reduce road noise, make the audio sound a lot better, and also better insulation in the winter.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it’s a $500 option. I initially skipped it too but my dealer really recommended it saying it would reduce road noise, make the audio sound a lot better, and also better insulation in the winter.
It actually does make a huge difference.

E in DC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Jeep Cherokee (2 door)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but I see no reference to half-doors. I've been keeping an eye out. That may be because they're not part of any 'package'. On the current Wrangler, they're an option listed under 'Exterior'.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What is "Cross Path Detection" in the safety group?

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
What is "Cross Path Detection" in the safety group?
I think cross path detection alerts you when a vehicle is travelling perpendicular to your path behind you (e.g. backing out of a parking spot).

Our other vehicles have it and it has actually been helpful at times, say when parked next to a large SUV and you can't really see what traffic you're backing into.

What will be interesting is how the aftermarket world deals with all of these sensors.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I think cross path detection alerts you when a vehicle is travelling perpendicular to your path behind you (e.g. backing out of a parking spot).

Our other vehicles have it and it has actually been helpful at times, say when parked next to a large SUV and you can't really see what traffic you're backing into.

What will be interesting is how the aftermarket world deals with all of these sensors.
Great! I'd like that feature, as I've got kids running around everywhere. I've ruined two plastic bumpers on my JK from backing into stumps or rocks off-road, too, so the sensors and camera will be a welcome addition.
Sponsored