Sponsored

Electronic Infotainment Group Required?

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m working on a build a with the following. The salesman I’m talking to said you need the Electronic Infotainment Group when he went to build it. Of course on the Jeep website I built mine and they didn’t require it, which is total bs.

Anyone know which group I’m adding that triggered it?
ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP
COLD WEATHER GROUP
DUAL TOP GROUP
LED LIGHTING GROUP
REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY
SAFETY GROUP
TRAILER TOW AND HD ELECTRICAL GROUP
Sponsored

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Advanced Safety Group

There is a reported issue with a wiring harness that will cause the build to be delayed a few months.

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That was my guess. It's just bs that I've been building it online and through using the build sheet and the only requirment for the advanced safety group is the basic safety group.
Shit. Really? I'll have to look into that. I can't afford to wait that long. I'm coming off a lease that ends in March.

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
That was my guess. It's just bs that I've been building it online and through using the build sheet and the only requirment for the advanced safety group is the basic safety group.
Shit. Really? I'll have to look into that. I can't afford to wait that long. I'm coming off a lease that ends in March.
I think the site has always let you build configs that include “late availability” items so this isn’t surprising. It’s been reported here that builds with the advanced safety group but WITHOUT the infotainment group wouldn’t start building until April at the earliest due to the wiring harness issue. If you need it by March, your only choice is to order the infotainment group or drop the advanced safety group.

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think the site has always let you build configs that include “late availability” items so this isn’t surprising. It’s been reported here that builds with the advanced safety group but WITHOUT the infotainment group wouldn’t start building until April at the earliest due to the wiring harness issue. If you need it by March, your only choice is to order the infotainment group or drop the advanced safety group.
Thank you! That was my suspicion.
At the moment you can’t order it without infotainment group even if you’re ok with waiting until April.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
When I ordered my Sahara on December 5th, I ordered the advanced safety group and the infotainment group. Arrived at the dealer on December 24th. Maybe they are focussing on certain configurations
Sponsored