Ordering Tomorrow!!

The Jeepin Murse

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
I'm heading to a dealership tomorrow to place an order for my 2023 JLR. I'm still so torn on whether or not I want to go ahead and get the 4.88 gearing from the factory or just stick with the 4.10s. If I decide to stick with the stock tires for a while I don't want the 4.88s to be overboard. I think my end goal is a 2" Mopar lift and 35s, which sounds like 4.56 would be a better option but I can't get that from the factory.

I've messaged a few people regarding this but any advice on the gearing would be greatly appreciated.

MY ORDER:

2023 JLR
Hydro Blue
Painted Fender Flares
Black Hard Top
Hinge gate reinforcement
Off-road Camera
HALF DOORS w/ premium uppers
V6 eTorque Automatic
Tan Leather Seats
LED lighting
Steel Bumpers
Heated Seats
Mopar floor mats
Mopar headliner
Trailer Tow/Aux
4.88 gears???????

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordering Tomorrow!! JLR Blue.JPG

My first baby 😭 (1998 TJ 4 Cylinder)

This is why I'm following my heart and getting a two door and saving a four door for my future second Jeep. This will pay homage to my old TJ!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordering Tomorrow!! 1998 TJ
Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Looks nice! I know people complain about electronic “nannys”, but the blind spot monitor is pretty nice, I know for sure I cut off the left lane “hall monitors “ when I hear it beeping

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
By the way, 4.88s are not overboard for 35s. They are perfect.

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I ordered a 2 door rubicon with the 4.88 gears this time. Sold my rubicon xr auto trans w the 4.56 gears. 2 door has Manual trans. Plan on running the stock tires for a while then get 35s. I know you have it listed but I had to get the aux/trailer in order to get the 4.88 gears. Could not order 4.88 without that package. I would rather have the 4.88 gears and go larger tires later than run a sport for example with stock gears with 35 tires like i see all over town

Sponsored

Victory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 - 2 Door Base Sport MT w/ half doors
Nice Jeeps, can’t help with your gearing questions, but I like your style.
I’ll be ordering this one the end of the week to replace my old TJ I sold about 10 years back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordering Tomorrow!! 44B2AEFF-2138-4DD4-8168-13AB39D1EDF7

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordering Tomorrow!! D2ACA3C0-A1DD-43AA-9B86-E43440BB857D

OP
OP
The Jeepin Murse

The Jeepin Murse

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Gears are expensive to add later, and voids factory warranty.

I would add 4.88 now since you already plan to go 35s. RPMs will be a tad high, which will affect gas mileage on the freeway. But worth it IMO.
You’re probably right, I should go ahead and do it. I’m not terribly concerned about losing some mpg and the powertrain warranty will be good for 5 years at least if I do it up front.

OP
OP
The Jeepin Murse

The Jeepin Murse

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
You might want to check the spreadsheet in my sig before putting down a deposit at a local dealership.
I’m not really sure what you’re getting at…?

Don’t go put a deposit down? It’ll never get built? Honestly I have no idea what the stuff I’m the spreadsheet is talking about

JP52

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
I’m not really sure what you’re getting at…?

Don’t go put a deposit down? It’ll never get built? Honestly I have no idea what the stuff I’m the spreadsheet is talking about
He's making sure you are aware that some dealers offer pricing well below invoice. You could save a lot of you travel a little when it's time to get your jeep. In my area local dealers were at MSRP at best, so I ordered from an out of state dealer and saved about 7k.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Jeepin Murse

The Jeepin Murse

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
He's making sure you are aware that some dealers offer pricing well below invoice. You could save a lot of you travel a little when it's time to get your jeep. In my area local dealers were at MSRP at best, so I ordered from an out of state dealer and saved about 7k.
Oh I gotcha, I was a little lost because when I clicked something it was showing order dates/wait times and what not…

What the dealer was quoted me on the invoice is about $4,000 off msrp so I’m pretty happy with that.

Ponce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired USMC. Currently USMC pilot instructor
I ordered from a dealer on the spreadsheet and ended up with 6% below invoice including Tread Lightly. It's a few thousand dollars saved on the average orde
Oh I gotcha, I was a little lost because when I clicked something it was showing order dates/wait times and what not…

What the dealer was quoted me on the invoice is about $4,000 off msrp so I’m pretty happy with that.

epd313

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2019 Genesis G90
Occupation
Retired
I'm heading to a dealership tomorrow to place an order for my 2023 JLR. I'm still so torn on whether or not I want to go ahead and get the 4.88 gearing from the factory or just stick with the 4.10s. If I decide to stick with the stock tires for a while I don't want the 4.88s to be overboard. I think my end goal is a 2" Mopar lift and 35s, which sounds like 4.56 would be a better option but I can't get that from the factory.

I've messaged a few people regarding this but any advice on the gearing would be greatly appreciated.

MY ORDER:

2023 JLR
Hydro Blue
Painted Fender Flares
Black Hard Top
Hinge gate reinforcement
Off-road Camera
HALF DOORS w/ premium uppers
V6 eTorque Automatic
Tan Leather Seats
LED lighting
Steel Bumpers
Heated Seats
Mopar floor mats
Mopar headliner
Trailer Tow/Aux
4.88 gears???????

My first baby 😭 (1998 TJ 4 Cylinder)

This is why I'm following my heart and getting a two door and saving a four door for my future second Jeep. This will pay homage to my old TJ!

Stick with the 4.56 with the 35's. They will give you what you need with those tires. It also depends on what kind of off roading you will be doing and how often. You will hate the 4.88's on the road. If you want to build a dedicated rock crawler with much, much bigger tires then go with beefier gears.

OP
OP
The Jeepin Murse

The Jeepin Murse

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

My order has been placed! I did decide to just stick with 4.10 gearing for now. From what I've read I feel I'll be fine if I go to 35s and if I have to eat the cost of re-gearing (post warranty) then so be it. After all, building the Jeep over time is part of the fun. If I get everything I want in the first month then I'll just be wanting to buy another Jeep LOL

Here's the pricing I got which I'm happy with. The dealership is only 30 miles away from me. This whole time I've been expecting to not pay anything less than MSRP so I'm pretty happy with this.

MSRP: $64,380
"Discount": $4,445
Selling Price: $59,935

Now I just patiently wait for it to arrive :)

epd313

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2019 Genesis G90
Occupation
Retired
Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

My order has been placed! I did decide to just stick with 4.10 gearing for now. From what I've read I feel I'll be fine if I go to 35s and if I have to eat the cost of re-gearing (post warranty) then so be it. After all, building the Jeep over time is part of the fun. If I get everything I want in the first month then I'll just be wanting to buy another Jeep LOL

Here's the pricing I got which I'm happy with. The dealership is only 30 miles away from me. This whole time I've been expecting to not pay anything less than MSRP so I'm pretty happy with this.

MSRP: $64,380
"Discount": $4,445
Selling Price: $59,935

Now I just patiently wait for it to arrive :)
You got a good deal! I got a VIN one day after ordering, let us know when you get a VIN!
Sponsored